cuckston
Resetting Xoops
  • 2004/5/30 13:23

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/19

Is there a way to reset XOOPS without having to do a clean re-install?

Thanks

tl
Re: Resetting Xoops
  • 2004/5/30 13:46

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Come again? Resetting? First time I ever heard to "reset" xoops.

Sorry, there is no buttons to click/push in order "reset" xoops. Currently XOOPS stores only one set of settings and no default settings being stored in the database, so you can't "reset" or restore default settings.

You would have to do a clean install.

Stewdio
  • 2004/5/30 14:11

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

What exactly do you want to achieve? If it's a matter of a small error on your part from poking around and seeing what is what and just wanting to ge3t a better feel for things, we might be able to walk you through whatever steps are needed to fix something if it's broken.

It might just be easier to re-upload the install directory and run the installation script again, it's only a matter of minutes and may prove to be less painfull then you think.

Other options available to you are to do an SQL table dump and import of new table data from your \html\install\sql folder. Depending on your level of experience, this option may be less appealing to you.

cuckston
  • 2004/5/30 14:13

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/19

Hi there, thanks but dont worry any more, i did a clean re-install. I have a XOOPS testing ground for my clients to see however people added things i didnt want added etc but i have now installed a new version with restrictions imposed.

Thanks.

Matt Cuckston

Dave_L
  • 2004/5/30 14:52

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

You might want to backup the database at this point. Then if you ever need to revert to the state it's in now, you can simply load the backup.

tatteeman
  • 2004/6/4 22:10

• tatteeman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/5 8

Ok.. that sounds easy enuff.. we have a new ensim panel and i just reloaded the forum because of the server panel upgrade. I used the nifty backup database module i had installed previous. Nice module except theres no reinstall database feature, just a save database. I believe im left entering the 5 mb of sql. data in manually... or start from scratch. Be nice if the module reinstalled also.

Dave_L
  • 2004/6/4 22:23

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

That's a XOOPS module? It might be awkward for a XOOPS module to reload its own database, since you would be overwriting data that the script is currently accessing.

If your server control panel doesn't have a way of loading a database (which seems unlikely), you should be able to install phpMyAdmin and use it for that purpose.

Stewdio
  • 2004/6/4 22:47

• Stewdio

Ensim is not related to XOOPS, it's a user interface for webmasters, much like Cpanel

Dave_L
  • 2004/6/4 23:33

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

I know (vaguely) what Ensim is, but he said "I used the nifty backup database module i had installed previous.", which sounds like a XOOPS module.

Stewdio
  • 2004/6/5 0:01

• Stewdio

Quote:

Dave_L wrote:
I know (vaguely) what Ensim is, but he said "I used the nifty backup database module i had installed previous.", which sounds like a XOOPS module.

Guess I read the post wrong, wouldn't be the first time :-p

Login

Who's Online

86 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 86

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits