marijun
having trouble with admin.php
  • 2004/6/4 16:54

• marijun

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/4 1

hi! admin.php is giving me some grief, i'm hoping someone can help asap.

when i go to my module admin page and try to adjust the weights of the modules...i hit submit and get the confirmation page. but when i hit submit on the confirmation page, all i get is a screen full of weird characters and code. it wasn't like this before, and i haven't messed with anything in the control panel.

i just tried to add the "contact us" module, and it seemed to have gone well, but i'm not getting an icon on the left side of the control panel for it. i'm not sure if that's due to the error, or if it just doesn't have an icon.

the modules i have installed are: system, tiny content, news, downloads, forum, and now contact us.

JackJ
Re: having trouble with admin.php
  • 2004/6/4 17:03

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

can you go to system admin->preferences general settings and switch on php debug and then go back to the page with the problem and post any error messages?

If your admin is a mess you can delete the adminmenu.php file in your cache folder, make sure it is CHMOD 777. XOOPS should rebuild your admin next time you go in, with a message "this is your first visit etc"

Stewdio
  • 2004/6/4 17:07

• Stewdio

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

The debug info will point to which page or command is messing up and therefore shed more info on what file is affected.

You will most likely need to reupload certain files due to curruption. It can happen.

marijun
  • 2004/6/4 17:14

• marijun

• Just popping in

i turned on phpdebug and tried up update my weights again, but all i got was the same crazy code. no debug messages.

i guess i should try deleting that file now?

marijun
  • 2004/6/4 18:18

• marijun

• Just popping in

btw, in my cache folder, adminmenu.php is chmod 600. the cache folder itself is chmod 777.

JackJ
  • 2004/6/4 18:25

• JackJ

the folder permissions allow XOOPS to create the file adminmenu.php, this file is created by XOOPS on your server, I don't know if this will solve your problem, but worth a try

marijun
  • 2004/6/4 18:30

• marijun

• Just popping in

yeah, i gave it a shot. i deleted the adminmenu.php file and it didn't solve anything. i re-uploaded the entire system module as well as some other things, and that hasn't solved it either.

JackJ
  • 2004/6/4 18:56

• JackJ

goodness, is nothing working today, I think I will go back to my bed..

can you describe what the weird characters are like? is everything still working? perhaps post a screen print. If it is just weird text might be language defines missing

did you try updating the system files after uploading?

marijun
  • 2004/6/4 19:12

• marijun

• Just popping in

sure, here's a screenshot:

Resized Image

otherwise, everything is working. even though i get the weird characters, it still registers my updated module weights.

i also updated all the modules.

i'm still not getting the "contact us" icon on the left hand side menu. is it supposed to be there? i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

i'm baffled!

marijun
  • 2004/6/4 19:39

• marijun

• Just popping in

ack, i also get the characters when i click "generate" when i'm trying to generate a template.

Login

Who's Online

425 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 425

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits