steveoness
Xoops Module Questions (My Download, News, Partners)
  • 2004/5/23 12:19

• steveoness

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/14

I have a few questions regarding the modules that came pre-installed with Xoops.

First, the "mydownloads" module. Is there any way for me to get rid of the sub-menu that it creates in the main menu, such as removing the links "Submit", "Popular", and "Top Rated"? If there is, please do let me know how to go about doing it -- I'd greatly appreciate it.

Secondly, for the "news" module that also came pre-installed on Xoops, is there any way for me to get rid of the submenu "Submit News" and "Archive"?
Or, if you know of a module that would allow for me to post news but doesn't create submenus and allows anonymous users to post their names and comments for each article, please post the name and/or the link of the module.

Thirdly, with the "partners" module which also came pre-installed on Xoops, is there any way for me to stop it from pixelating the graphics? For example,http://www.stupider.net/main/modules/xoopspartners/. As you can tell, the button is all pixelated. The original button size is 88x31 and is located here:http://www.stupider.net/linkme.gif. Is there any way to edit the code of this module or something to stop it from doing this?

Lastly, does anybody know of a module that would allow for me to have a block for PayPal Donations or would I have to create my own block for that?

I am sorry for making this so long, but I am so eager for making my site fully in Xoops.

Thanks, in advance, to anybody that helps out!

Fredrik
Re: Xoops Module Questions (My Download, News, Partners)
  • 2004/6/1 6:28

• Fredrik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/21

I have a solution to the two first:

Go to SYSTEM ADMIN->Templates. I would suggest you clone your template set and experiment on the clone.

Then choose System template, choose Edit system_block_mainmenu.html

Remove the following lines

<{foreach item=sublink from=$module.sublinks}>
<a class="menuSub" href="<{$sublink.url}>">
<{$sublink.name}>
</a>
<{/foreach}>

I also have a question on the same subject: I would like to control the sub-menus, depending on if the user is registered or not!
For instance, I don't want an Anonymous User to see sub-menus like "submit article" or "submit photo" and then get a message that he/she is'nt allowed to do so, but at the same time I want to use Tiny-D etc. with sub-menus.
Any suggestions?

Login

Who's Online

82 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 82

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits