Fredrik
members module hack?!
  • 2004/5/7 8:26

• Fredrik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/21

I´m testing xoops, and intend to use it for a sports clubs homepage. Our member information needs differ somewhat from the original xoopsmember.

For instance, we want to keep records of our members surname and first name, postal address, phone number, mobile phone number, email, certification level etc. but we do not want to store users ICQ, MSNM, AIM etc.

Are there hacks available that at least fulfill some of our wishes? If not, where and how do I find information to do it myself?

dheltzel
Re: members module hack?!
  • 2004/5/7 13:33

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/8 1

There have been some similar requests made often in the past. You can find them if you search the forums. To sum them up, lots of people would like this, but no one has actually written any code to support it (lots of wishing - no doing).

My ideal would be a member or subscriber module that would replace the existing registration, view, edit pages and allow them to add customized attributes. Many (but not all) of the existing attributes could be removed from the main code and made into these extended attributes. This is a pretty ambitious idea and I'm not sure I want to tackle it as my first XOOPS module.

I'd be really cool if an experienced module dev could take this on as a sort of project leader. I'm sure a lot of us would pitch in with ideas and code.

Dennis

limecity
  • 2004/5/7 13:36

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

Maybe you could edit the language files
Replace all the like..

MSN = FIrst Name
ICQ = Address

something like tat..

Fredrik
  • 2004/5/9 9:47

• Fredrik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/21

That idea crossed my mind too, but I rejected since I expected the database table to have the wrong data types. I just discovered that most of the data types used are varchars, so I'm trying that solution to start with.

Thanks for your time!

MisterB
  • 2004/5/27 23:50

• MisterB

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/24

I just stumbled across this message - I had a similar problem and applied a temporary solution similar to above.

See: XOOPS Discussion

Kind regards

MisterB

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits