BobbyC
Me make boo, boo :-(
  • 2004/5/27 12:50

• BobbyC

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/16

Can you tell I've been spending too much time with my 3 year old? Anyhow, I was doing some clean up work in my XOOPS root directory and inadvertently deleted all of the files, but not the directories.

This isn't necessarily a big deal, believe it or not, because the site isn't yet live. To fix the problem I have created a new database and reinstalled XOOPS in a different directory.

Yes, I'm coming to the question . . .

In the old site, I created an alternative set of templates to which I've made various changes. Can I transfer them to the new XOOPS install? What about the modules templates?

Bob

Stewdio
Re: Me make boo, boo :-(
  • 2004/5/27 13:13

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Awgh, come here, we fix for you. I spend time with numerous kids, Volunteer daycare worker, part time sitter

Anyway, yeah, just copy the templates over to your new directory, it won't be a problem.

kahumbu
  • 2004/5/27 13:36

• kahumbu

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/8/23

Quote:

BobbyC wrote:
In the old site, I created an alternative set of templates to which I've made various changes. Can I transfer them to the new XOOPS install? What about the modules templates?

If you are talking about cloned templates, they should be inside the DB. The module templates in the folders are the original ones. If you used the Admin CPanel to make and save changes, you may need to extract the templates from within the old DB. Unless, of course, you were able to download the cloned templates before you erased the files.

Stewdio
  • 2004/5/27 13:40

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Thanks for clarifying that for me kahumbu. I tried to pound out a quick and dirty response before having to run off and do something. I got thinking about it after and realised that it would need to be added to the DB.

Actaully, I was playing with one of the kids

Mithrandir

If you have still the old site with the missing files, then just upload the missing files there.

Everything in XOOPS apart from root URL, server path and database connectivity settings are in the database, so you should be able to get the original site up and running again by merely uploading the missing files and edit mainfile.php to show the correct information (download mainfile.php from your new installation, change it to the correct url, path and database settings and upload to the old location, CHMOD to 444) and you should be good to go.

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits