Re: ShortURLs hack
  • 2004/5/19 3:22

• reynaldo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/13

Greg:

I have never tested it with a version other than 2.06
I'm afraid I really don't know if it would work

If you test it, please let me know how it goes.

carnuke
Re: ShortURLs hack
  • 2004/5/19 8:36

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I have sent you a PM

carnuke
Re: ShortURLs hack- not converting news items !!!
  • 2004/5/23 7:58

• carnuke

• Home away from home

Quote:
I'll change my info so I can get an email everytime someone post to this forum. That way I can answer messages faster
PM waiting

agf8623
  • 2004/5/25 19:19

• agf8623

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/15

Great hack btw, but I'm having a little problem getting started. I'm one of the people who is getting the 404 Page Not Found error.

I'm using Windows XP, Apache 2.0.49,and PHP 4.3.6 on my PC.

I tested the rewrite engine as you recommended, and I didn't pass. Is there anything else I can do with apache to get the hack to work? Is there a configuration I need to uncomment in apache (besides #LoadModule rewrite_module in httpd.conf?)

Amanda

reynaldo
  • 2004/5/25 21:01

• reynaldo

• Not too shy to talk

Amanda:

I'm sorry I can't help you much with this problem you are having with Apache. I don't know much about Apache's configuration directives and sometime ago, I used to have Apche installed at my PC (windows 2000 and XP later) and I stopped doing it because it always acted in a non expected or erratic way. I'm not saying Apache has problems with Windows, I'm just saying that was my experience with it. I got so frustrated, I decided to test my scripts/sites/programs directly online (Linux+Apache).

Maybe if you read Apache Documentation, you may find information about how to get Rewrite module to work.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/

script_fu

Hi, Reynaldo
I've installed your latest release on my site and I only have found one problem. It broke the grafics for (Printer friendly page) at the bottom of my news articles...

Take a look and see what I mean...
http://www.mrpart.com/m-news+article+storyid-15.html

This is the only mod done to my website except adding the new forum images pack...

malexandria

does this hack retroactively change urls or does it only affect urls going forward?

agf8623
  • 2004/5/28 4:03

• agf8623

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/15

my webmaster just told me the same thing. he said when I upload my new site, things should work just fine. I'll cross my fingers!!

carnuke
  • 2004/5/28 7:38

• carnuke

• Home away from home

Here is my experienec with the hack:

Old pages (pre-hack) that have been indexed by S/Es wll not be found. However the site will load the home page instead of returning a 404.

This also happens when you update from V.03 to V.04

I have asked Renaldo to consider making the hack "module selective" that is turn it off for any module. The dynamic approach is very nice untill someone writes a module using different protocols, then it wont always work. This would also make the support status less crucial. Once you have installed this hack and are enjoy search engine indexing from other bots (other than Google) You are really hooked into keeping the hack, or risk losing ranking. So what happens when a new module comes alomg and refuses to work properly because of the hack?

reynaldo
Working on new version
  • 2004/5/31 8:09

• reynaldo

• Not too shy to talk

Hi:

Just wanted to let you all know I'm currently working in the next version.

The only major update planned is the ability to select which modules the hack should apply the Url Rewriting.

I'll also try to make this new version compatible with XOOPS installations within a dir, but I can't promise it as my time is currently limited.

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits