m0nty
anybody with knowledge of servers?
  • 2004/5/25 13:17

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

since abt 4am this morning (BST) my website has experienced problems on the forum..

using ipbm module..

1 minute it was working perfectly, the next it's Error 500 internal server error, on any pages that require ipboard..

i run a cgi output monitor on modules/ipboard/index.php and it returned this error:

- 126 CGI returned nonzero status
/usr/bin/nice: /******/*****/**/***********/*******/./modules/ipboard/index.php: Permission denied STDOUT OK STDERR OK

my host server company says it's a script error on my site.. but i've checked every single file, and re uploaded every file etc etc..

still to no avail. i've searched the internet and found similar people using same host provider experiencing the exact same thing in the last few days..

still the host says it's our problem and nothing to do with their servers or setup..

i know full well it's not our problem.. it wouldn't work 1 second then not the next, no modules have been added, no files were changed nothing was re configured my end at all when the problem started..

could anybody explain what this error code actually means? especially y it says permission denied? have they locked it or something to stop it executing?

cRuNcHiE
Re: anybody with knowledge of servers?
  • 2004/5/25 16:11

• cRuNcHiE

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/12

I have been getting the exact same problem today! whats your host?
not oneandone by any chance?

Bender
  • 2004/5/25 16:28

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

A short whois query reveals his Hoster is Schlund & Partner which is actually involved with 1&1. They joined in 1997 and here in Germany under 1&1 you will get the cheaper hosting offers and under Schlund&Partner the more expensive ones with a little better/more support basicly.

Although i donĀ“t know how this relationship works out for other countries.

m0nty
  • 2004/5/25 16:40

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

that's correct, it's one&one.co.uk

problems gone now everything seems to be working.. just checked with other forums i was on where people havin same probs and there's is back online too..

so much for it being a script error on my site!!!! lol

ya can't fool a fool.. well ya can, but i aint that stupid, i know when something ain't right.. lol

cRuNcHiE
  • 2004/5/25 16:50

• cRuNcHiE

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/12

mines back as well!

Yeah they tried to tell me it was my fault as well!
cheeky beggars!

ah welll at least its working again!

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits