supernix
Database troubles
  • 2004/5/21 17:21

• supernix

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/3/13

I don't know why but I keep getting this error message:

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

=======================================
Please note that this is not a constant problem but one that keeps popping up. How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Stewdio
Re: Database troubles
  • 2004/5/21 17:50

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Your database is not configured properly, or your mainfile.php information is incorrect. I would check both.

If you can see your DB in phpMyAdmin (or whatever) then make sure the paths, directories, username and password are correct on your mainfile.php

If you are running on a shared hosting account, send them a ticket and ask if they are having SQL troubles. They may have restarted the SQL server, or be running a backup preventing access for a few minutes. If it last more then a couple hours and you know for sure your mainfile.php is correct, lean on your host, don't ask them what's wrong, tell them whats wrong.

supernix
Re: Database troubles
  • 2004/5/21 18:02

• supernix

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/3/13

Thanks for the quick reply.

The message only shows occasionally. So it is not a constant thing and often time a quick F5 will correct it.

The host I have limits the MySQL connections to 25 and so I think it is hitting that limit and can't find the database.

Anyway to fix that? I do see where there are roughly around 25 processes active.

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits