fredski
Subsite Hack, help with tables to share??
  • 2004/5/13 15:20

• fredski

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/26

Say I have 2 sites, one main and one subsite, two domains but on the same server. and I wanted to share everything apart from one module, meta tags & footer, mail settings & general settings, what tables would I not share to keep control of those site specific? Everything else I'd like to share with the main site so when I change the content of one the other would change also, including users etc.

carnuke
Re: Subsite Hack, help with tables to share??
  • 2004/5/13 16:27

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hi fredski, I assume you are referring to THIS MODULE HERE If noone helps here go to his forum directly

AFAIK, what you suggest is possible with this module. Make your second site your subsite and select the tables to share. There are limitations that are detailed in the readme

Richard

fredski
  • 2004/5/17 13:37

• fredski

• Quite a regular

Yeah, Iv'e posted in his forums but getting no reply there either....
Could do with some help, as I can't move forward without this being resolved.

carnuke
  • 2004/5/17 13:49

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I havent installed this module, but the readme says its for newbies to setup! Worth a try?

fredski
  • 2004/5/19 11:47

• fredski

• Quite a regular

Yeah, I read that too but the Doc's don't go into enough detail for a newbie to configure the tables as newbies such as myself don't know what all the tables for the standard instalation of XOOPS are for

fredski
  • 2004/5/21 7:20

• fredski

• Quite a regular

Come on people, there must be somone in this community that knows the answer to my problem Even if you have never used the hack, the XOOPS developers must know what tables do what. So that being the case what table do I NOT share to keep admin control with meta tags titles and themes etc, but share the module tables such as news, users, groups, articles etc. ??????? Please Please Please help me...

Bachus
  • 2004/5/21 7:58

• Bachus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/18

I haven't used the hack, so I don't know wht exactly you need to do, but if you want to know which tables are 'property' of which module look into the sql directory in each module. You will find a file with sql queries. Run it in phpmyadmin on a new database and voila - you get the list of tables a particular module creates.

If you can't access phpmyadmin or a new database, try just reading the sql file. Tables are created where there is a "CREATE" statement. SQL queries are pretty much human-readable. Just give it a go.

fredski
  • 2004/5/21 8:49

• fredski

• Quite a regular

Thanks for posting Bachus,
I know how and what tables to share regarding the modules, its the core tables of XOOPS what Im struggling with.

fredski
  • 2004/5/25 9:29

• fredski

• Quite a regular

Come on guys, I would have thought this would have been an easy question to answer for you XOOPS veterans. Please Please Please help me shed some light on this..

Dave_L
  • 2004/5/25 14:10

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I don't understand your initial post.

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits