Brawn
How to edit the way comments are shown
  • 2004/5/19 23:50

• Brawn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/13

I'd like to change the way the comments (on news, articles, etc.) are shown. I don't like the avatars, joined date, postcount, etc.

In the flat view I just want 2 rows and no columns per comment. The first row should contain name of the poster and the date, while the second row the actual comment.

This is what I had in mind (don't mind the dummy text):

Resized Image

Does anyone know what file(s) I need to edit?

Dave_L
Re: How to edit the way comments are shown
  • 2004/5/20 0:36

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Looks like that would be the template modules/system/templates/system_comment.html. The normal way to edit it is through the control panel.

Oesie
  • 2004/6/1 13:46

• Oesie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/1 1

I was searching for the same thing as the TS, and happily I found this topic.

But when I tried to edit that file it won't come up with any other layout. So it must be an other file I guess? Does it matter when you change themes?

Mithrandir

If you edit the actual template file, you must update the module (system module in this case) through system admin -> modules in order to update the templates in the database.

Oesie
  • 2004/6/1 14:32

• Oesie

• Just popping in

Thanks for that helpfull tip, but can't find the thingie that should update the templates.

Editing through the system menu of templates ain't possible? It only shows: view or download.

Mithrandir

You will need to "clone" the default template set to be able to edit them through the administration. Then change the "default template set" in general settings to use the new template set.

If you have edited the actual file, you will need to update the module from modules admin. Not templates, but modules.

Oesie
  • 2004/6/1 14:50

• Oesie

• Just popping in

Ah great, I see it now. I think I messed up the template set already in the beginning when I started with XOOPS (never noticed that themes and 'view' templates were different). It is kinda tricky the first few times, but at least it is logical. Anyways I can change the files now.

Now let me get some spare time to finish some websites ;)

Thanks for the info!

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits