davedorm
Headlines module not functioning
  • 2004/5/19 13:53

• davedorm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/9 1

I am having a world of trouble with the Headlines module. I am not even getting the default XOOPS newsfeed. I have tried setting up feeds from other sites, including Slashdot and my own blog to test and nothing comes up.

Does anyone have any hacks or tweaks to make this work or is there a third party replacement for Headlines?

Thank you!

"Where are we going, why is it so hot in here, and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

tl
Re: Headlines module not functioning
  • 2004/5/19 14:25

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Can you elaborate on what your troubles were?

I don't have any problems with the modules, and neither do many other users. It would be helpful if you provide some detailed information, XOOPS version for one.

davedorm
  • 2004/5/19 18:13

• davedorm

• Just popping in

Quote:

tl wrote:
Can you elaborate on what your troubles were?

I don't have any problems with the modules, and neither do many other users. It would be helpful if you provide some detailed information, XOOPS version for one.

Xoops version is 2.0.6

I load the module and it does not list the XOOPS Site headlines. It lists nothing. When I add my own headline sites, it just loads a blank module with the following:

Updated
Description
Webmaster
Category
Generator
Language

...but no content.

I don't know what I am doing wrong... help!

tl
  • 2004/5/19 18:29

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

Try to turn Php and Mysql/Block debug on, see what error messages you are getting.

BTW, can you read XOOPS news from admin?

davedorm
  • 2004/5/19 18:39

• davedorm

• Just popping in

Quote:

BTW, can you read XOOPS news from admin?

No. Nothing comes up when I click.

I'll try debug mode.

Catzwolf
  • 2004/5/19 18:48

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

davedorm wrote:
I am having a world of trouble with the Headlines module. I am not even getting the default XOOPS newsfeed. I have tried setting up feeds from other sites, including Slashdot and my own blog to test and nothing comes up.

Does anyone have any hacks or tweaks to make this work or is there a third party replacement for Headlines?

Thank you!

"Where are we going, why is it so hot in here, and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Check to see if your service provider allows fopen_url in PHP ini, it could be set to off and this may be your problem.

phppp
  • 2004/5/19 18:51

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

also check if xml installed and enabled

davedorm
  • 2004/5/19 18:51

• davedorm

• Just popping in

When I click on the XOOPS Headlines:

Warning: fopen(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/content/d/a/v/davedorm/html/modules/xoopsheadline/class/headlinerenderer.php on line 62

Warning: fopen(https://xoops.org/backend.php): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/content/d/a/v/davedorm/html/modules/xoopsheadline/class/headlinerenderer.php on line 62

When I click on the other feeds:

Warning: assert, dl, mysql_pconnect, shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/content/d/a/v/davedorm/html/class/xml/saxparser.php on line 73

Hope this helps...

tl
  • 2004/5/19 18:57

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

Nothing wrong with the module. It has to do with your server.

You need to show the error messages to your hosting company. Your hosting company has disabled URL file-access and other access mode.

davedorm
  • 2004/5/19 19:51

• davedorm

• Just popping in

Quote:

You need to show the error messages to your hosting company. Your hosting company has disabled URL file-access and other access mode.

Yeah. GoDaddy. Harumph...

They have the thing turned off for "security reasons". I guess that explains why the RSS parser script I uploaded did not work, too. Oh well, there is always Feedroll.

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits