phppp
Re: Short URLs hack diverts back to home page (on XooperStore)
  • 2004/5/3 21:16

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

seems my impression is not reliable.
Your site is pretty faster now.

If you check sdamain'shttp://www.clashinfo.com, there is still a significant delay. Not sure if caused by the hack.

Hope you could make a test.

anyway, so far can not find any reason it could speed up xoops.

carnuke
Re: ShortURLs hack- not converting news items !!!
  • 2004/5/6 17:05

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Short url hack has worked really well for me. Google has crawled all over my site from several countries

I used version 03. Then I discovered a problem with news not being converted likewise xcgal and now xooperstore, so I updated my shorturl hack version to V04 using the new loadpage.php and xoops_shorturls.php files. I noticed that they only solved the news module problem and also the urls ar now written differently using + instead of - in the string. So I went to google and tried some recent listings for my site. They all divert to the home page, rather than the article listed. Sigh ...! So I have now returned ht original V03 files and it works ok.

What should we do here?? V04 seems to use different syntax that works but diverts existing s/e listings to Home page. Plus some other modules still wont work correctly.

It would be REALLY useful if we could turn the rewrite off for certain modules rather than have to worry if the rewrite hack is messing things up. Can it really be generic? and universal?

Richard

carnuke
Help... How to turn this hack off selectively.
  • 2004/5/16 10:53

• carnuke

• Home away from home

This sortURLs hack clearly does not work with all modules. A better option is to turn the hack off for selected modules. I don't really see the point of rewriting everything anyway. Has anyone been able to do this on a selected module basis?

Any input here is much appreciated as I've not seen Reynaldo on these boards for some time

Thanks, Richard

wrtbooks
Re: Help... How to turn this hack off selectively.
  • 2004/5/16 21:04

• wrtbooks

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/8 1

Is there a version of a hack that would work with XOOPS 1.3.x and make short mods for the downloads, newbb, members and polls section?

reynaldo
  • 2004/5/18 6:40

• reynaldo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/13

Greetings everybody

I'm sorry I'm been absent from these boards for quite some time. I'm been pretty busy working with some new projects and haven't had any free time to work with this hack.

Carnuke,
from v0.3 to v0.4 there was a huge jump. In version 0.3, the hack was only compatible with a few modules while in v0.4 the hack was "dynamically" compatible with every module. Please note I say dynamically between quotes because some modules are not 100% template based or have some errors in their templates/html pages and those "errors" jump out when using the hack.

Right now the only error/problem I've been unable to fix is the one causing a domain to work incorrectly if you use a different name, for example:
if your XOOPS installation says the domain is "www.yourdomain.com" and you try to access it as "yourdomain.com" (without the www.) you get some weird errors. Until now I have been unable to trace and fix this error. (this answers wrtravel question).

Carnuke, I would also like to clarify that the .txt files you can download from my site, are simple fixes to some problems encountered. Right now the last fix is #7. I'm can't remember if fix #7 is already incorporated into the distribution pack for V4.

I'll be checking this forum for a few days, so if anyone have a question about this hack, please feel free to post it and I'll do my best to answer. If you are reporting an error, please be sure to do the following:

* Post as much information as you can regarding the error.
* Describe what you were trying to do.
* Post what version of the hack you are using and if you are already using any of the fixes.
* Post the exact URL where you are getting the error.
* If posting the URL, please make sure I don't have to register to your site in order to see the error/url (aka. give the module anonymous rights)

I'll change my info so I can get an email everytime someone post to this forum. That way I can answer messages faster.

Thanks to everyone who is testing this hack, specially, those who had the patience to deal with it since its first version

(English is not my primary language, so any concordance/grammatical error is not intended, LOL)

reynaldo
Re: Short URLs hack diverts back to home page (on XooperStore)
  • 2004/5/18 6:44

• reynaldo

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

phppp wrote:
anyway, so far can not find any reason it could speed up xoops.

Phppp:
I agree with you, there is not reason why this hack would make XOOPS faster. In my own testings, it adds an unnoticeable delay of around 0.0042 seconds but your mileage may vary.

carnuke
  • 2004/5/18 16:26

• carnuke

• Home away from home

Quote:
Carnuke, I would also like to clarify that the .txt files you can download from my site, are simple fixes to some problems encountered. Right now the last fix is #7. I'm can't remember if fix #7 is already incorporated into the distribution pack for V4

1-I do not have an address for your site
2-I have never seen a version 4
3-Does V4 write the URL inthe same way? otherwise all indexed pages will be invalid

Thanks, Richard

reynaldo
  • 2004/5/18 16:47

• reynaldo

• Not too shy to talk

Carnuke:

1) My test site URL ishttp://www.wtmmail.com
you can download V0.4 at the following url:
http://www.wtmmail.com/XoopsShortUrls/ShortURLs_0.4_for_Xoops.zip

I can't remember if last fixes are included into this distribution, but anyway, here they are:
http://www.wtmmail.com/XoopsShortUrls/xoops_shorturls.txt7
http://www.wtmmail.com/XoopsShortUrls/loadpage.txt7

2) Already answered this question above.

3) That is the drawback to V0.4, it rewrite urls in a different longer way
I'm sorry about this change, but there were too many incompatibities with some modules which were not properly written.
The upside to V0.4 is its "dynamic" compatibility with old and new modules.

Anonymous
Re: ShortURLs hack
  • 2004/5/19 0:44

• Anonymous

• Since:

有中国的没得good

wrtbooks
Re: ShortURLs hack
  • 2004/5/19 0:57

• wrtbooks

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/8 1

Quote:
Thanks to everyone who is testing this hack, specially, those who had the patience to deal with it since its first version

Reynaldo. do you have a version of this hack for the prior version of XOOPS or does your hack work with XOOPS 1.3.x ?? I would love to get short urls on my site: www.sermonindex.net please let me know.

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits