domineaux
Permissions question
  • 2004/5/18 2:57

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

Is there a hack to NOT open sub-menu if the user on the site doesn't have permission to access sub-menu.

If anonymous user has no permission to submit news, then he would see news only. The submit sub-menu would not be present.

It just doesn't make sense for to the user to see menu choices not accessible to him/her.

limecity
Re: Permissions question
  • 2004/5/18 3:34

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

Not really sure about this..
but i heard that the new News module will cover this issue.

Catzwolf
  • 2004/5/18 6:40

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

domineaux wrote:
Is there a hack to NOT open sub-menu if the user on the site doesn't have permission to access sub-menu.

If anonymous user has no permission to submit news, then he would see news only. The submit sub-menu would not be present.

It just doesn't make sense for to the user to see menu choices not accessible to him/her.

Hi Dom,

Have a look at wf-Sections v2 for how to do this.

Bender
  • 2004/5/18 11:46

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Until we have a final new news module or non-beta wf-section 2 you might have a look in this thread for a workaround.
(not the best one ... but it might do until the better solutions are ready for production sites)

worm8
  • 2004/5/27 9:28

• worm8

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/27

As I'm new in all this I just wonder if sth is possible. I established my XOOPS page and started the integrated forum, but the number of topics is growing too high. I just want to enable making new topics just to a certain group of people, let say to the administrator and moderators. How can I do this?

Is monitoring and deleting unappropriate topics right after their creation the only way of preserving forum's clear view??

Thank you in advance.

Nejc

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits