tjnemez
Re: Firewall problem
  • 2004/5/17 4:49

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

hey longhair,

point taken and please understand that i am not speaking on behalf of xoops, i was only addressing neon's post for help. however, this is clearly an issue for a tutorial or whatever. your issue could be addressed in another post.

longhair
  • 2004/5/17 4:56

• longhair

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/3/29

Gotcha!

Bassman
  • 2004/5/17 5:15

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

I believe I have come across a similar issue, I was intending to ask here anyhow. I have a family site that uses XOOPS 2.0.6, which includes MyAlbum-P 2.65. I, as admin, can upload photos with no problems from my own comp (Zone Alarm Pro), but my mum can't from hers, which has a Norton firewall. All goes well until the upload button is clicked, when all you get is a white page with "XOOPS_URL is not referrer" or words to that effect. Do you think this is rel;ated to the firewall also?

DjManolo
  • 2004/5/17 7:06

• DjManolo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/15

well i found a topic on the faq about the problem with Norton Firewall and i had the same problem!! But i Removed Noorton Firewall and now i have Zone Alarm and everything is ok!

longhair
  • 2004/5/17 9:16

• longhair

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/3/29

I have since found suitable documentation at the link above, however I'm also recommending my users towards Zone Alarm.

I se Zone Alarm myself and have no complaint with it.

Neon
  • 2004/5/17 9:53

• Neon

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/2/8 6

Thanks Guys but alas it still gives me greaf, this is the second time ive tyoed this as the first time I forgot to turn the bloody firewall off anf it couldnt post the reply...grrrr

Ok Ozboof, your tutorial is great and just what the doctor ordered but it seems that a bit has changed since 2003 and 2004 versions, there is no longer a Web Content tab and I canot find anything much like what you have there in 2003.

tjnemez, I did try to enter the site through the Firewall Configure as you pointed out, entered the site both in IP and web address in the allowed section under networking but it didnt make any changes to what Im getting, as you pointed out longhair. (as your probably worked out by now!)

I would like to switch over to another firewall,which would probably solve my problem but like your users longhair, if it dont work the first time then they are stuffed and they are not geeks either so it makes it hard to say its your new $100 odd dollar firewall thats stoping you from seeing the site, sorry you wasted your money but turn the dumb thing off

Anyhow it hasnt fixed the problem Dev guys, it needs to be Fooooooool proof, I know "Im one" and I cant figure it out

Highlight - Ctrl+C just in case this stuffs up again .....

Herko
  • 2004/5/17 9:59

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

Neon wrote:
Anyhow it hasnt fixed the problem Dev guys, it needs to be Fooooooool proof, I know "Im one" and I cant figure it out

Highlight - Ctrl+C just in case this stuffs up again .....

I agree, and the devs are looking into this too. We get too many of these problems now, so we need this fixed. But, I'm not sure if this can be done in 2.0.7, or if we have to wait for 2.2 for this. But know that we're looking into this.

As for the Ctrl-c, I always do that for long posts

Herko

ozboof
  • 2004/5/17 10:09

• ozboof

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/28

Quote:
Ozboof, your tutorial is great and just what the doctor ordered but it seems that a bit has changed since 2003 and 2004 versions, there is no longer a Web Content tab and I canot find anything much like what you have there in 2003.

buggar i only have less than 1 month left before i have to update norton 2003 to 2004 .

Gee hope somebody has a answer for this prob

ozboof
  • 2004/5/17 10:34

• ozboof

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/28

done some seaching found this Here hopefully it might help

Quote:
For Norton's Internet Security 2004 (NIS2004) here's how to do it:

To create the rule
1. Open NIS.
2. In NIS 2004, double-click Privacy Control, and then click Advanced.
3.Click "Add Site". A new site/domain box appears.
4. Enter www.yoursite.com and click OK. The site name appears in the left frame of the Options window.
5. Click on www.yoursite.com where it appears in the left frame of the Options window.
6. Now click the Global Settings tab.
7. In the "Information about visited sites" section, uncheck the box that says "Use default settings."
8. Click "Permit".
9. Click OK to close the Options window.

Or this link
symantec.com

Neon
  • 2004/5/17 12:11

• Neon

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/2/8 6

WONDERFUL this should go directly into the FAQ section.

Thank you heaps mate, it worked no probs.

No wonder I couldn't find were to enter the site info, it was hidden under a totaly new area. Give this guy a XXXX
(Aussie greeting, XXXX = Beer )
Cheers

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits