cptwinky
newbb pro
  • 2004/5/2 2:14

• cptwinky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/1 2

I installed the newbb pro hack and love it but for some reason the image for locked topics (the big one) shows nothing, not even a description. Can someone tell me where the code to handle this is located so I can set it right?

Here is my work in progress so you can understand what I'm talking about.

http://www.nixpert.com/
http://69.57.186.90/~nixpert/ (incase dns has not resolved for you yet.)

Lance_
Re: newbb pro
  • 2004/5/2 3:44

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

You may want to check out the development of newbb at the dev site. Since the Pro version is not being worked on, most of the pro hacks are on the new beta version.

http://dev.xoops.org/

Cheers.

limecity
  • 2004/5/2 3:55

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

What extra functions.. the PRO version have?

Herko
  • 2004/5/2 7:20

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Catscity, te same answer applies to you, check outthe dev site project for the newbb module. There are a LOT of new features for the new-and-improved version of newbb (like reordering forums, merging forums, quick reply to name just a fraction).

Herko

brash
  • 2004/5/2 10:00

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Downloaded the NewBB 1.02 from the dev site linked above, and have just got some quick questions I could seem to find answers for. Is this NewBB version 1.02 version meant to be an upgrade to the existing NewBB version that comes with Xoops? I tried overwriting version 1 with version 1.02 and updating the module, but I get an error regarding the xoops_bb_whoisonline table.

If this is meant to be a stand alone module, is there anyway I can import forums, threads and posts from a standard NewBB version 1 forum?

Herko
  • 2004/5/2 10:04

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

It's an upgrade from the current version of newbb, BUT there is o upgrade script yet (and there are some table changes, so upgrading it from the module admin will not work). Since it's still in development, and this is a beta release for testing purposes only, it comes without upgrade script. But, the final version will have this feature, of course

Herko

brash
  • 2004/5/2 10:22

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Ah, cool. I thought I must've been missing something simple. Thanks Herko

mczolton
  • 2004/5/14 20:11

• mczolton

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/27

I hate to resurrect a dead topic, but this is a relevant issue for me as well. I understand that there are no upgrade scripts as of yet. However, could one of the developers chime in with some instructions on what needs to be upgraded? It doesn’t have to be a detailed description. I can handle building new tables in the database and whatnot. If the process requires migrating data from one table to another, I am sure I can throw something together.

Thanks,
Mark

Dave_L
  • 2004/5/14 20:37

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

If you're talking about the next version of newbb (not newbb pro, which is a different thing), I doubt if there will be documentation until it's further along.

Universe
  • 2004/5/15 1:58

• Universe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/25

Oh.....Help me!

- Install: ok
- Create DB: ok
- DIsplay: ok
but...when I import my current database (5MB) and refresh for display new forum, It's notify: Error!

I checked all query SQL, I saw some table that don't have in my old DB. Exm: Table xoops_bb_whoisonline, xoops_bb_forum_group_access.

When I import one by one table.
- xoops_bb_categories: ok
- xoops_bb_forum_access: ok
- xoops_bb_topics: ok
but table xoops_bb_forum_mods cann't create. It didn't talk anything and display ERROR in the Forum page.

Can anyone help me? Tell me how about that.

Thanks a lot!

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits