Anonymous
More Soapbox questions
  • 2004/5/12 3:25

• Anonymous

• Since:

I just installed and started playing with Soapbox and I like it so far...I am comparing it with wf-sections to see what I want to use.

The problem I have found is I dont see an option to "turn off" or change the Soapbox Intro Message in any of the configurations.

I did some digging in the module folder and I know where the message is but who wants to surf around thru code to change something that maybe should be included in the configuration system.

Perhaps I missed it. And if I did, I am truly sorry.

One of these days, I will actually get my site up and running....if only I could make a decision.

hsalazar
Re: More Soapbox questions
  • 2004/5/12 5:49

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

queentux:

You're correct in pointing out there's no way to manage the welcome message other than editing the language files.

I've been resisting the urge to include it because that will mean adding another table to the database, but opinions such as yours tend to make me think otherwise. I'll think about including this soon.

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers.

Anonymous
  • 2004/5/12 16:06

• Anonymous

• Since:

Well, thank you for the consideration and for replying. I am really liking the module.

As a side note, I am thinking that I may use it as a blog module and use wf-sections as an indepth article/tutorial thingy.

So many good choices out there.

Thank you again

bmmolloy
  • 2004/5/12 17:38

• bmmolloy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/21

hi hsalazar,

wanted to let you know in case you have not see that i am running your module as the core of my new site. :) It's 1,4 I believe, but am going to try out the newer versions on a test site before I upgrade.

The site is jack vs jill dot com

Anonymous
  • 2004/5/12 17:55

• Anonymous

• Since:

bmmolloy,

It was your site that prompted me to try Soapbox. I like how you have it set up. What kinds of things did you do to customize it?

So far, I have managed to change some things on the sb_index.html and get it more like I want.

bmmolloy
  • 2004/5/12 18:00

• bmmolloy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/21

I really didn't have to change much. I think the "Soapbox" title and intro are found in the languages folder of the module directory. I just changed them both to more match my site.

Other than that, I just had to figure out exactly what I wanted to do, and how to type all that stuff into the module to get it to work.

The only complaints I have (which might be fixed in the newer versions), is that the images appear a bit funky on the articles page, and that you can't really do much other than type a paragraph or two if you want it uniform. The html tags and stuff always inserted extra <br>'s everywhere.

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits