frukto
Deleting usergroup - user is lost somewhere...
  • 2004/5/4 16:11

• frukto

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/27

Well, I have strange problem... I had one usergroup with 3 members, registered users. Few days ago I wanted to move those members from that group to registered users group, so I removed that group.
Today I found a problem - one of those users can't login. Well, he can, but after login he has "you don't have access to this area" and he can't access the site. When I search for that user in Find User menu in admin panel then I know he does exist, I can see his profile too. But when I go to usergroups and select registered users group, then I don't see that user there - but 2 other users from group I deleted few days ago are visible in registered users group. Only that one user doesn't - I can't find him anywhere. He doesn't exist in any group. I checked in database xoops_users, but I don't see anything wrong or anything different from others. I have no idea what to do and how to bring him back.

I tried to search this forum for something similar, but couldn't find it.

Please help.

frukto
Re: Deleting usergroup - user is lost somewhere...
  • 2004/5/6 6:25

• frukto

• Just popping in

Please, anybody?
It is important, I don't wan't to lost that user and need to know what happened and how to bring him back.

Herko
  • 2004/5/6 6:55

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

This is strange indeed. You can't edit a group's members to add this user back to a group? If that can't be done, then you'll have to add him to the group yourself, via the database. If you have phpMyAdmin, you should be able to add him to a group again:

1. find out the uid and the group id for the user and the group you want to add him to.
2. in the table xoops_groups_users_link, look if the uid already exists. If so, make sure the groupid field is set to the group id you want it to.
3. if the groupid/uid combo doesn't exitst, add it to the table (creating a new linkid).

I hope this helps

Herko

frukto
  • 2004/5/6 14:49

• frukto

• Just popping in

Thanx a lot! It works now, I did like you said :)

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits