brash
Re: WF-Section V2 Beta Now Released
  • 2004/5/3 21:55

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Cool, thanks for all your hard work on this Catz . I sat down last night and started to systematically go through all the options and document all bugs I found in order. Lucky I didn't get very far coz you seem to be pretty hot on the bug fixes . I'll download the beta again and report back on your fixes. Thanks again.

rgiord54
  • 2004/5/3 21:59

• rgiord54

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/4/30

Catz, any ideas on my problem?

brash
  • 2004/5/3 22:10

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Did you select to use the SPAW editor in the config section? If so, try switching this option off.

Bender
  • 2004/5/4 0:06

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Well, two more things from my side:

1. Question / Feature request:

Maybe it is already possible and i just don't see it.

I have just created a lot of sections which are shown in the main menu.
Now i want to change this option for all of them.

Is this possible in another way than modifying one section after another?

If not i would suggest something like the weight management screen where you get a list of all sections with their selected settings (like add section to main menu, disable html ...) listed to the right side of them so you could just enter the changes and submit them alltogether.
Same thing might apply for Articles i guess

2. Question:

Is it itentional that in the properties of sections the switch 'show on main menu' triggers the main menu and the 'WF-Section Menu'?

To explain: I wan´t my sections listed in a block which i thought 'WF-Section Menu' would be the one. But they only show up if i activate 'show on main menu' option for a section in which case they are also shown in the main menu block. So i have all of them in both blocks.

Wrong block?

Do i make sense at all?

Talis
  • 2004/5/4 2:51

• Talis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/24

Am I the only one or is anyone else having a problem with the Admin Section constantly timing out? If I get to it from a T1, it seems to load fine, but from Dialup I end up getting a page not found.

I don't have this issue with any other module nor with the previous WF-Sections.

brash
  • 2004/5/4 12:37

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

All the blocks should be working now, let me know otherwise. The author block works differently from all the other in that it will only show on the actual article page.

Spotlight block still results in a blank page

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

Fixed he auto incremment tick to be on at all time.
Added an icon in the article selections for article restore and this will only the articles that are available to restore for that article ID. phew hope that makes sense lol

Yes, atleast it makes sense once I've tested it . This will make it a LOT easier in tracking different versions individual articles.

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

Still not been able to determine the problem for this, maybe a path problem. Can you enable debugging and report the error for this.

I have uninstalled & reinstalled using the latest version & the default settings. I also verified all directory and file permissions, but I still get the same "Unable to instantiate application object" error when trying to import a word doc. I still get a blank page with no matter what debugging option I set.

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

This actually works for me, both in 2.0.5 and 2.0.6. But another user has sent me on the right path with this one.

Cool, let me know when you get the download documents section working and I'll give it a test. Again, I'm using all the default paths in the path management section.

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

Oh I thought I had already done this, will do for the next beta and I will make it searchable (I think ID already is anyway).

Excellent

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

The article count is only incremented with non admin user, can you check this for me. login as a admin and then as a registered user and see what happens.

Yep, you are right Catz. Counter does not increment when viewed by an admin, and increments correctly when viewed by non admin. Nice feature .

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

I have also fixed the problems when updating, the module should update now and also the block templates, there have been other bugs fixes as well.

Let me know how you get on with this version.

Yep, module update now works (forgot to mention that last post). All looking good. A few things I noticed though;

(1) When using default config, the SPAW editor is not selected. I write up a doc and insert some screen shots using image manager, yet when I save it the images are shown as links instead of showing the image. I then went back into edit the article and all the code had been changed from bb style code to HTML. Any reason for this?

(2) When the SPAW editor is selected all I get for the main text area is a blank feilt with no toolbars what so ever. I tried downloading and installing the SPAW module from your site but that didn't make a difference. Is this how the SPAW editor is meant to look?

(3) When adding related documents there seems to be a little glitch where the article ID is printed twice per related article above the actual related article text link. I don't remember this being present in the last version.

Well I think that's it for now. Let me know if there is anything else you would like me to test .

Catzwolf
  • 2004/5/4 13:32

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

brash wrote:
Spotlight block still results in a blank page

Open the wfs_spotlight.php file and around line 56 comment this line:

$string = summarize($string);

I had removed this function, I actually meant to do this for this release but I never got the chance lol

Quote:

I have uninstalled & reinstalled using the latest version & the default settings. I also verified all directory and file permissions, but I still get the same "Unable to instantiate application object" error when trying to import a word doc. I still get a blank page with no matter what debugging option I set.

I am still working on this, Do you use Win XP? If you are, I believe that XP works differently with 'DOM' in that it is off by default. Not sure about this thou. I do know that the code I used worked perfectly with Win2k and I have unfortunately upgraded to Xp Yukk.

Quote:

Cool, let me know when you get the download documents section working and I'll give it a test. Again, I'm using all the default paths in the path management section.

I will do

Quote:

(1) When using default config, the SPAW editor is not selected. I write up a doc and insert some screen shots using image manager, yet when I save it the images are shown as links instead of showing the image. I then went back into edit the article and all the code had been changed from bb style code to HTML. Any reason for this?

None that I know of? I will put this on my todo list.

Quote:

(2) When the SPAW editor is selected all I get for the main text area is a blank feilt with no toolbars what so ever. I tried downloading and installing the SPAW module from your site but that didn't make a difference. Is this how the SPAW editor is meant to look?

Which browser are you using? Spaw only works with IE5.5++ and this sounds like your using Mozzila or a non IE type browser here. Spaw uses IFRAME and makes heavy work of DOM etc etc

If anyone has been able to get HTMLArea working with Xoops, please let me know and I will re-write WF-Sections to use it and make WF-Sections available to everyone.

Quote:

(3) When adding related documents there seems to be a little glitch where the article ID is printed twice per related article above the actual related article text link. I don't remember this being present in the last version.

Added to the todo list

Quote:

Well I think that's it for now. Let me know if there is anything else you would like me to test .

Well..... if you have time, could you see if all the module config options do what they are supposed to do?

Thanks again Brash

ATB

Catz

Catzwolf
  • 2004/5/4 13:34

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

Talis wrote:
Am I the only one or is anyone else having a problem with the Admin Section constantly timing out? If I get to it from a T1, it seems to load fine, but from Dialup I end up getting a page not found.

I don't have this issue with any other module nor with the previous WF-Sections.

I have not had this reported to me from anyone, But I don't see any reason for it to time out at all. I do not have dial-up so I cannot test this for you.

phppp
  • 2004/5/4 13:35

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

can not wait, so installed and be testing now

Class WfsArticle::setApproved()

seems not defined.

right?

Catzwolf
  • 2004/5/4 13:35

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

rgiord54 wrote:
Catz, any ideas on my problem?

Still looking for this

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits