o0pk0o
Relative image paths in blocks
  • 2004/2/21 23:42

• o0pk0o

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/31

Hi! I've been looking for this answer for a couple days now, so I'm just going to state here:

How do you write an image path (i.e. img src=) into a block or html-wrapping module (i.e. tinycontent) as a relative path to the module?

I'm not looking for an absolute path answer. My goal is to be able to have the image display in a block according to to whatever theme is chosen.

So, in other words how do you code a relative path to your theme folder? Note: the <{$xoops_imageurl}> does not appear to work inside blocks.

Thank you!!

o0pk0o
Re: Relative image paths in blocks
  • 2004/4/30 16:42

• o0pk0o

• Just popping in

Hi, I'm just reviving this thread because I still haven't figured it out, and it never got any responses.

To clarify, I'm having problems getting pretty much any xoops/smarty code to work in blocks. I tried including the header/footer/mainfile.php etc in it, but that doesn't want to work either it seems.

So the question is again: How do you use your XOOPS variables in a custom/wrappedhtml block? I'm sure the answer is obvious, but I just ain't seeing it.

Thanks again!

myc1229
  • 2004/5/2 7:03

• myc1229

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/10

Have you tried to use the {X_SITEURL}? It returns your site address

o0pk0o
  • 2004/5/12 0:14

• o0pk0o

• Just popping in

The problem I've been having is that no php code works in the blocks. It shows up as text in the browser when you're viewing it.

That is, echoing {X_SITEURL} would just return "{X_SITEURL}", not echo (for example)"www.pieterkonink.com".

Stewdio
  • 2004/5/12 2:12

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Make sure you select from the drop down box Auto Format (Smilies disabled). This will printhttp://www.yourdomain.com (Text only)

You will need to place your {X_SITEURL} within appropriate tags to get the desired effect your are looking for. Using {X_SITEURL} buy itself will only print the text of your domain without a link.

Dave_L
  • 2004/5/12 9:03

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

{X_SITEURL} is a string used by the notification system in mail templates. It's not a Smarty tag, and is not translated except within mail templates.

Mithrandir

{X_SITEURL} should work in blocks - but I don't know if it is for autoformat or HTML only and not in php-type blocks.

In php blocks, you should be able to use the constant XOOPS_URL

Dave_L
  • 2004/5/12 10:42

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Oops, you're right.

Looking at XoopsBlock::getContent, it appears that it would work for any kind of block.

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits