awreneau
forum adjustments
  • 2004/4/29 16:03

• awreneau

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/2/4 1

I have a forum where I would like to adjust the layout. Currently I have a long list and it extends the page a good bit. This is not the desired result, I would like to adjust the form to match that of the XOOPS site forum. A ruff description is as follows:

Forum Topic Replies Views Last Post

Currenlty my forum looks like this:

Forum Topics Posts Last Post

My current set up, as I said before, make the page extremely long and you have to scroll very much to get to the bottom.

Have a look at the sitehttp://www.ispsupport.org and it will make better sense.

WR

JackJ
Re: forum adjustments
  • 2004/4/29 16:34

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

To have it like XOOPS you would use the "recent topics" block for newbb set as center-center. In system admin/ blocks make sure the recent topic block only appear's in the "top" page. The top page is your default startup module. You would need to go to general settings and choose "none" as your startup module, or perhaps "News", like the XOOPS website has.

You have a lot of introductory text in your forum which will make it look longer and "squeezed". Your right block is also wide. So you could switch off the right blocks that appear when users view the forum module.

One way to go anyway.

Tip for those who might find it useful

When editing blocks it is better to click on "edit" to the right of the block in system admin / blocks. In the dialogue box that appears you can hold down shift or control to select multiple modules for the block to appear in, or otherwise.

To see the "right blocks" that are visible in the forum module go to the top of the page in system admin/blocks and choose "show blocks that are visible in" etc

romu
Re: forum adjustments
  • 2004/4/29 16:34

• romu

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/12/5

Iaols thème was first of mines (nostalgy)
i didn't all understood !

May you disable right block within this module (see bloks admin)
In forum (if not top page) this information on all pages waste too much space... and isn't relevant !

I guess my solution is a bit extrem but you can think about it.

Login

Who's Online

280 user(s) are online (194 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 280

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits