risto
Re: png transparency
  • 2004/4/18 16:55

• risto

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/4/16

NO no problem just follow my second link. Mozilla browser can doo transparency nativly! It's all good! I personaly dont use ie. But for my readers that doo. this is the best solution I have found. It SOLVES transparancy issues on PC's Mac's I realy don't know.

I just wonted to see what people thoght. Looking good, so I'll work on a solution for implementing this. If your intrested in joining the project, please send me a pm with your email aill add you to phpcollab on my site.

Erwinrom
  • 2004/4/20 12:32

• Erwinrom

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/22

It's not working for me :(

I get a error message:
Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: modified in file function.php line 109

That is the third line:
// now create the new tag from the old
2 $new_tag=str_replace($image.$quote,$replace_src_with,
3 str_replace('  ',' ',$modified));

Herko
  • 2004/4/20 13:50

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

PHP notices aren't errors, they're just notes about sloppy coding. This cannot break a function, so you can ignore them.

Herko

Erwinrom
  • 2004/4/20 15:20

• Erwinrom

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/22

The problem is al my PNG's are not showing up on my website. This problem is only with IE, in firefox the png's are there

Alan-A
  • 2004/4/20 20:41

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Hi,

as far as I'm aware, IE has only problems with the transparency of png's, the "images themselves" should be visible. You can see this if you look at the "koivi" link which Risto posted earlier in this thread - here it is again:
http://www.koivi.com/ie-png-transparency/

Your problem must lie somewhere else.

Alan

Vargr
  • 2004/4/20 21:05

• Vargr

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/19

By default MSIE doesn't support PNG.

This can hardly come as a surprise as it is probably one of the worst browsers around.

risto
  • 2004/4/27 8:17

• risto

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/4/16

note: make a rivision like ;https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1418 look at my comment. Its looking for transparent gif. and remember width and hight mut be there!

Alan-A
  • 2004/4/27 16:24

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Hi,

I've been working on this problem too, trying in XOOPS to embedd the Microsoft AplhaImage filter in my (IE) css file.
If you're only interested in transparent backgrounds, it should have a few advantages compared to Risto's - if only it could be made to work!
As Risto posted his php solution I decided to go public too and posted my cry for help here:
"https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=19064&forum=31"
but up to now without success.

I'm making this x-posting as I hope that some xoops/css-expert might see it here and can offer a solution that should be of interest.

May the force be with us

Alan

TooBaked
  • 2004/6/23 13:17

• TooBaked

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/9 5

some parts of XOOPS uses png while some parts don't.
I can use PNG in any static code I use in the site or theme but I can't use it in anything that XOOPS generates.

for example in themes I use .png in my banners and custom blocks. but they don't work as news topics.
they do work for download topics if you look www.jointgamers.us in downloads the topic images are .png
if you look in news the topic images do not show up in netscape I see an "alt link" and for IE I see empty placeholder.

Login

Who's Online

249 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 249

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits