bushtit
How Do I Alter Comment Layout?
  • 2004/4/7 1:53

• bushtit

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/6 2

My 2nd newbie question of the day:

I would like to edit the way comments are displayed. Specifically, I would like to do these 2 tasks:

1. remove the joined date, location, and post count from under the avatar on the left side.

2. Change the words "poster" and "thread" at the top of every comment, or possibly delete that entire table row, as I dont see its purpose.

Could someone please tell me where to go to make these 2 changes?

Many thanks!

bushtit
Re: How Do I Alter Comment Layout?
  • 2004/4/12 14:34

• bushtit

• Just popping in

Come on guys- somebody has to know this. Please? Thanks!

Herko
  • 2004/4/12 16:16

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

system admin -> templates -> your current active template set (if it is the default template set, you will have to clone it before you can edit it) -> system templates -> here's where you can find the comment templates. Edit them, to what you want them to be, and when you're done, make the cloned template set active in the system admin -> preferences -> general settings page.

Herko

CBlue

Go to system admin > templates > click on your default template* and then click on system list link. Choose to edit system_comment.html and there you can delete or rename anything you want there.

*In order to edit default templates you have to go to the template section in system admin and click clone next to your default template. Rename it to something else. Then go back to system admin and click on preferences then general settings and change your default template option to your newly cloned template. You will then be able to edit all your blocks and pages if they provide templates in your template area.

CBlue

Whoops! Herko beat me to the answer. :)

bushtit
  • 2004/4/12 16:31

• bushtit

• Just popping in

Many thanks! Have a great day!

CBlue

You're welcome and have a great day too! :)

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits