Anonymous
CSS Theme That Rox!
  • 2004/4/8 19:59

• Anonymous

• Since:

There's too many bugs for official release and it's fixed width. We're changing it to 100% width and once that's done, we'll release it to the community. This should happen sometime next week.

The theme is WAI/Section 508 and CSS ready. As soon as XOOPS moves to CSS compliance, this theme should automatically validate. I think this is the first CSS based theme that actually rox

Stay tuned...

EDIT: Please don't register. We'll be implementing a special authentication engine that requires a student ID number so we have to kick you off in the couple days or so.

studioC
Re: CSS Theme That Rox!
  • 2004/4/8 20:26

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

hey dyoo78,

if you are interested in this topic click a bit a my signature link and you will find some stuff... of course, validated
michael

Anonymous
  • 2004/4/8 22:08

• Anonymous

• Since:

Nice. We have a little text size changer that people can use. I think it'll be useful for many sites.

Stewdio
  • 2004/4/8 22:14

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Pretty snappy, I like it

studioC
  • 2004/4/9 7:37

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

hello dyjoo78,

please help me translating..

Quote:
..I think this is the first CSS based theme that actually rox ...

dunno what rox means but you should have mentioned that there are other css themes which don't wait for XOOPS to be css compilant.

michael

Anonymous
  • 2004/4/9 8:25

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi studioC,

it's just a figure of expression.

Quote:
dunno what rox means but you should have mentioned that there are other css themes which don't wait for XOOPS to be css compilant.

True. I've seen your work and think it's outstanding. I think I can say that for the rest of the community as well. You're probably the only person here that has got XHTML and CSS validation thus far

studioC
  • 2004/4/9 9:44

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

hello dyoo78,

not to be misunderstood.. i don't really care being first or only. [this could be very lonely and boring...] but i do mention some postings about css and stuff which seem to be ignored by many persons, cause it is not an actual topic for everybody. Or these topics are published within different content and others don't find. And i do know that there are some persons VERY interested in this stuff but only had time to care about own things. Or they make their own sites like i do. eg. I do tried to concentrate those interested persons onhttp://www.studiocreativ.net but there's not that feedback actually. For me it is always the better way to do things together and concentrate energy and power in a specific topic.
But, sometimes it's same with me, ... i can't read every posting on xoops.org but i know, that theres stuff in some postings which gave us possibilities other person are searching for but in it's own content or header you can't see what's in that posting. Sometimes it seems that there is no solution of a problem but perhaps only using search function will bring results. Perhaps xoops.org forum is too large for specific topics but... as we all know reading xoops.org news there will be special sites for eg. themes and modules ..
At this time i think that this will be a good and the best place to concentrate such tings and in this moment my own sites about this topics are not needed further more.

xoops itself is XHTML and CSS ready, sure there are some modultemplates or links with large session-ids, wrong attributes etc.. but lets put together and help XOOPS community to clean eg. modultemplates and stuff for those who need that things. In a community it is not important to be first or only, this will exclude from community and slow community development.. Sure i know that it is sometimes better not to wait for community to follow and to think in own directions but... at the end you will share this with community..
... get and give back

michael

nocjock
  • 2004/4/9 13:49

• nocjock

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/3 1

Hi, Very interested in that text size changer. Please let us know how you did that. Thanks!

Quote:
Nice. We have a little text size changer that people can use. I think it'll be useful for many sites.

Anonymous
  • 2004/4/9 14:30

• Anonymous

• Since:

@ studioC

I agree with you whole heartedly. It would be nice if we can have a sub-forum in the Themes forum called CSS-Themes which could try to accomplish tableless layouts or at least themes that validatae.

I think most Xoopsers want a validated site. Why? It's just realy cool because achieving XHTML and CSS validation is hard to begin with. In addition to that, that's where most browsers are heading, so it's always good to be ahead of the curve against our competition CMS systems.

@ Xoopsers
To any extent, heres the theme for trial download if anyone wants it. It uses fixed width, but we'll be fixing that. This is just a trial run theme for those that can't wait:http://169.229.146.74/calfacts/uploads/ucberkeley_one.zip

Just unzip the file to your desktop and drag and drop the theme into your theme directory. It uses the XOOPS default template.

1) login to your XOOPS install - goto admin - click on sys admin, preferences, general settings...
2) select the theme in "selectable themes"
3) choose it as "default theme" just above that

Modules that break due to fixed width:
1) Frozen Bubble
2) Agenda-x 2.0 and up on admin side - user side is ok.

I'll be uploading the 100% width template sometime this coming week.

Happy Xoopsing

EDIT
One of my main motivations for getting this theme made was to eliminate the Main Menu block. At Berkeley, we interviewed 300 students and did usability studies which suggested that top navigational menus are easiest to navigate.

We were scared of removing the main menu in XOOPS because we thought it was hard-coded, but it turns out that you just have to deactivate it in blocks. Make sure you still have the user menu enabled (we didn't want to touch that) because of the admin panel link.

With the top navigation menu, you can set up categories of your choosing. This means that for the News Section for example, you can have multiple types of modules all fit into the sub-category of the News tab. You can also have multiple modules without worrying that your Main Menu block is too over-crowded and cluttered.

tjnemez
  • 2004/4/9 14:46

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

hey nocjock,

here is a link to text resizing article. it provides the css, java, and html:http://www.alistapart.com/articles/relafont/

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits