mikeh
Re: IBP with xoops
  • 2004/4/8 19:10

• mikeh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/18

Quote:
I tried the Koudanshi IPB mod yesterday. I was trying to use the registration/login from IPB.

I ran into a myriad of problems. When I loaded the site I had the user login from Xoops. WHen I removed the XOOPS user login/block I couldn't get back into the XOOPS site to administer it. I even tried going directly mydomain/xoops/admin.php and got a message I was not authorized. Somehow the login information was an issue. I finally requested my password through email. I didn't get the password, but a link back to the site. I kept messing with it and finally got a new password assigned from the IPB or the Xoops, not sure which one. LOL

Been using module for a fair while now and imo it adds na another dimension to xoops
the pm system, the login, user management etc are just that more better and easier than the dated XOOPS standard imo

On problems above, sounds like you didn't read the docs
As all you have to do is go the admin session of the module and you can choose which login system to use, along with other related xoops/ipb related options.

Not sure why tried to remove login block ? but maybe if you went to user.php you would have got back in
Did you update the system module?

domineaux
  • 2004/4/8 21:46

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

Quote:
Not sure why tried to remove login block ? but maybe if you went to user.php you would have got back in

I didn't want a login block on the XOOPS left side and one on the forums that was showing, that is, before I changed the header wrapped thingy in the XOOPS BB Module in the IPB admin CP.

I did try admin.php and user.php and couldn't get back in. I didn't reinstall the module (update it).

I haven't worked with the mod today. I intend to try to nail it down this evening and I'll be much more careful with the logic issues.

I did read the docs carefully and I made changes withing the XOOPS BB Module - Common settings inside the Admin CP of IPB. The install is very simple, the one inside the IPBM zip package.

domineaux
  • 2004/4/8 21:46

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

Quote:

I didn't want a login block on the XOOPS left side and one on the forums that was showing, that is, before I changed the header wrapped thingy in the XOOPS BB Module in the IPB admin CP.

I did try admin.php and user.php and couldn't get back in. I didn't reinstall the module (update it).

I haven't worked with the mod today. I intend to try to nail it down this evening and I'll be much more careful with the logic issues.

I did read the docs carefully and I made changes withing the XOOPS BB Module - Common settings inside the Admin CP of IPB. The install is very simple, the one inside the IPBM zip package.

I'm going to try very hard. My user name and email address on these boards is a SPAM magnet. I get 20+ Spam per hour off the XOOPS boards it seems.

I'm going to do all I can to use the registration/login from the IPB, if at all possible. I have a hotmail address for the login in I use here, and wow the spam bots appear to really have the back door on this site.

Kalobotz
  • 2004/7/2 12:44

• Kalobotz

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/26

I wouldn't use it unless it was complient with the XOOPS notification and group system. Similar to Xoops. That's not very OOP if so.

m0nty
  • 2004/7/2 16:50

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i think it works great with xoops.. and very well converted..

@dom, sounds like u didn't copy the core files correctly, thats the only reason i've heard that people have login problems etc afterwards..

also i did rewrite the ipbm core files from the latest version to work with XOOPS 2.0.7.

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits