Tocpe
I'd like to see this Reviews module like this for Xoops
  • 2004/4/3 3:17

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/28

I'm working on opening up a XOOPS run Disney website and would like to include a review module similar to the one found here:http://reviews.wdwmagic.com/

At first glance, it fits most of my needs, you can't tell from the site, but the code can support sub-sub-categories like:

Theme Parks
-- Disneyland
----a. Restaurants (Reviews go here)
----b. Attractions (Reviews go here)
-- Walt Disney World
----a. Restaurants (Reviews go here)
----b. Attractions (Reviews go here)

Do you guys think this kinda module would be hard to make? Anyone interested? I bet it could probably be made with a generic structure and could be a very powerful review module for Xoops.

Stewdio
Re: I'd like to see this Reviews module like this for Xoops
  • 2004/4/3 4:39

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Is wfSections something you can use for this? I'm not sure if it's 100% what your looking for but it may fullfill your needs untill such time that a more suitable module is released.

A more updated Sections module can be found in this post. It's called XFsections. WFsections will have a new release soon, but no timeline has been given.

Tocpe
  • 2004/4/3 4:49

• Tocpe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/28

I'm running wfSections on my current site but in this particular case I don't think it would be a good fit. I mean, maybe it'd work, but I think it might be like forcing a square peg in a round hole.

I can wait for a decent reviews module, I just haven't seen anything out there very deep like the code on that site.

Stewdio
  • 2004/4/3 4:54

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

I now what your talking about. If your willing to wait it out, Catz may have a new version out soon, if not I'm hoping something similiar in functionality will be included in a future release of Xoops.

I don't want to do reviews, but I have I do have a ton of serious Astronomy articles and other related science bits that I would like to add to my site. I'm no hurry, just a personal site anyway. I call it my glorified Geocities alternative :-p

darapera
  • 2004/4/3 7:18

• darapera

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/22

Have you looked at myReviews? Its apparently Beta but its the best so far. It does allow categories and sub-categories. You could view it not now but in a few day's time at my site www.bizdome.com/modules/myreviews. If you click on it now you get a no permission because I haven't released my reviews yet.

Chainsaw
  • 2004/4/3 8:52

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

I was wondering

wouldn't the Soapbox module work here?

You can create the SoapBox Categories. And you can allow people to submit acticles to each categories, and comments can be posted too.

After all Soapbox is meant for reviews (or posting articles).

riaanvdb
  • 2004/4/3 14:21

• riaanvdb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/29

The review system used in wdwmagic comes from Censura. Their website can be found at http://www.incursio.com/products/censura/ it looks awesome and would make a fine XOOPS modeule

I am also looking at myReviews, lots of changes has to be made to get it running with globals off and integration into the XOOPS framework is very limited. Some of the changes will have to be integration into the installation framework to be able to do propper upgrades in the future. If anyone is currently developing on the myReviews module I would like to help.

Grotmis
Riaan
CraftsOnline

silurus
  • 2004/4/8 19:50

• silurus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/3 9

Lynette

I've installed this but all my interface shows is database names, no the actual text.

Any ideas?

Mark

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits