tienm
Notification
  • 2004/3/29 19:38

• tienm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/16

Hi All,

The notification part is too complex for most users. Why not integrate all posible settings within the user menu ?

At this moment there is "Notification" submenu under the "User Menu", but that shows me all notification which are active for me. I need to set it up through the website, everywhere hitting the "notification box".

Why not centralizing all notifications, so setup & active ones, to the User Menu. And... simplifying it by giving me options at a global level switching on or off the notification per module.

If I wish, I drill down one level deeper, where I shutdown notification per item (ex. sections).

This makes it faster for me to use, less "Notification menu"'s needed throughout the website and setup is easier.

Mathijs.

marcan
Re: Notification
  • 2004/3/29 19:52

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

Quote:
The notification part is too complex for most users.
You are absolutely right!

Yous suggestions are really interesting !

To the core developpers : what do you guys have in mind regarding this topic in 2.2 ?

cheers !

marcan
  • 2004/3/29 19:58

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

Also, tienm, the fact that the notification is too complex is a real problem that I kind of bypass in one of my site. Upon registration, some notifications options are autmatically set for users. They automatically have the notifications for new topics, new articles, new weblinks, etc... Of course this soultion is not fit for every web site, but in my case, it's a perfect workaround in the mean time.

cheers !

Mithrandir

Do you mean using the notifications as in on the live site? Or using them in a module?

I'm assuming the first and yes, you are right - it could be possible to have the "Notifications" page from the User Menu list all available global notifications, so you can add or remove them as you want. Deeper down is naturally not available in just one page.

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits