mpowell
PHP Debug
  • 2004/3/26 15:01

• mpowell

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/10

I am starting a new site (my third XOOPS site) and I am working with PHP debug on. I am hoping someone may help me understand what these messages mean and how to fix them.

1. I get this message throughout the site:
Notice: Undefined index: com_order in /home/general/public_html/gbnet/include/comment_view.php on line 75

2. In I-content I get and blank screen and this message when I click in the menu on best pages and popular pages: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: directoryhidden() in /home/general/public_html/gbnet/modules/icontent/class/page.class.php on line 85

3. In newbb pro I get the following messages:

Notice: Undefined variable: topic_sticky in /home/general/public_html/gbnet/modules/newbb/viewforum.php on line 317

In the new topic and reply box I get this just below disable html: Notice: Undefined variable: nohtml in /home/general/public_html/gbnet/modules/newbb/include/forumform.inc.php on line 114

In message preview I get this:
Notice: Undefined index: hidden in /home/general/public_html/gbnet/modules/newbb/post.php on line 109

I receive 4 or 5 messages when I submit a post which I am not quick enough to copy and paste here.

4. In wfsection I get this message when I click on the menu item "popular": Notice: Undefined index: rate in /home/general/public_html/gbnet/modules/wfsection/topten.php on line 40

5. In submit webline I get this message in the middle of the form: Notice: Undefined variable: message in /home/general/public_html/gbnet/include/xoopscodes.php on line 72

6. In submit news I get these two messages: Notice: Undefined index: news_user_wysiwyg in /home/general/public_html/gbnet/modules/news/include/storyform.inc.php on line 38

Notice: Undefined index: anonpost in /home/general/public_html/gbnet/modules/news/include/storyform.inc.php on line 58

I guess I better stop as I don't want to overwhelm you good people. This site actually seems to work pretty good. However, I did not do this before going online with my other two sites and I wish I had. I think it would have avoided some minor problems I have had with those sites.

mpowell

fatman
Re: PHP Debug
  • 2004/3/26 16:06

• fatman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/13

The only error here you need to worry about is number 2. The blank page and fatal error.

Anytime you see 'warning' or 'notice' errors, this just verbos reporting from php, these are not code failures but notices letting the developers know where elements in their code could be cleaned up a bit.

You'll find most modules have some notices or warnings.

For the fatal error, I don't use this module so I can only suggest that you try reuploading that module, then either reinstall or update. Could be that a file failed to upload properly.

HTH

mpowell
  • 2004/3/26 16:39

• mpowell

• Friend of XOOPS

Thanks so much. Can anyone give any further advice on the i-content fatal error?

mpowell

cuckston
  • 2004/3/26 19:02

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/19

Where is the i-content module? I can't find it?

chapi
  • 2004/3/26 19:19

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

This is the news to the release of iContent 4.5 ...

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1207

mpowell
  • 2004/3/31 3:17

• mpowell

• Friend of XOOPS

Followed your suggestions and went to the news site. Still not working right. Blank pages on Best Pages and Popular Pages with php fatal error message. Any other suggestions?

mpowell

Login

Who's Online

94 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 94

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits