ManXP
RSS troubles
  • 2004/3/25 8:36

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/14

I have troubles with RSS feed - it doesn't suport my language. I am using lithuanian langugae in my XOOPS website, and RSS module (http://www.projectbeta.org/backend.php) removes all my language symbols from feed. How to fix it?

Another question yet - is XOOPS RSS compatible with all webpages or just with XOOPS? Cause i want to give my RSS to other websites, not just XOOPS. Thanks.

kotis
Re: RSS troubles
  • 2004/3/25 10:03

• kotis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/23

Don't expect anyone in here to reply to your RSS encoding questions... I had the same problem (for Greek) and found no answer yet. So i found my own solution... Use lycos syndication module where everything works like a charm... You even get javascript support as a bonus... Cheers mate...

ManXP
  • 2004/3/25 15:14

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

Thanks, i'll try this.

Mithrandir

Unfortunately, RSS is not an area, many of us here know about. Sorry.

matangi
  • 2004/3/25 17:27

• matangi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/4/13

Quote:

kotis wrote:
Don't expect anyone in here to reply to your RSS encoding questions... I had the same problem (for Greek) and found no answer yet. So i found my own solution... Use lycos syndication module where everything works like a charm... You even get javascript support as a bonus... Cheers mate...

Greetings from Coconutcity,

I was trying some rss features, does the lycos rss solution fit to the standard rss code.

I tried to send the build in rss from XOOPS to syndic8.com, but they rejected it, because it does not fit to the standard.

If lycos delivers the standard rss code maybe its interesting for many sites to share there information about syndic8.com
or other services.
The latest browser generation also start to handle rss feed.
This will bring up much traffic and a wider spread of your website.

If you have some experience, please answer

Matangi

ManXP
  • 2004/3/29 6:48

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

kotis - I installed this module already, but i didn't find any info how tu use it. If i want my news feeds to be displayed in other websites, which link should i provide for these webpages? Thanks.

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits