nesbitt
iMenu
  • 2004/3/25 12:09

• nesbitt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/25

Hello, My first post. I am very new to Xoops. Just wondering if anyone can help with installation it would be really appreciated. I have copied all the files into the /modules/ folder, but when I go to install, it is not in the list of un-installed files. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jody

Kerzon
Re: iMenu
  • 2004/3/25 12:43

• Kerzon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/4 1

When you unzip Imenu you get a folder called iMenuV2.03 which contains a sub-folder called iMenu. Make sure that you just upload the iMenu folder and all of its contents to your remote modules directory. I've run into this same problem before with modules not showing up and it's usually because of nested directories.

Cheers,

Maracas
  • 2004/3/25 12:44

• Maracas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/18

I've asked this very same question at least twice and the only answer I routinely get is that I probably put it in the wrong folder or did something else wrong. None of this is true because (a) I put it in the modules folder like I do every other module and (b) it worked in 2.0.5 and I haven't touched a thing. I have the same problem with MulitMenu as well. These are the only two modules I have had this problem with.

Mithrandir

It does indeed sound a bit weird - but double-posting will not give you twice the number of useful posts. Most likely, you'll get the same answer twice. So please don't do that.

sol812
  • 2004/3/25 13:36

• sol812

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/4 1

I had same problem - but I delete imenu again as I was thinking I made a mistake, or ran low of HDD space on server - byt last night I again install the Imenu in the module folder like many other modeuls I use - but imenu will not show up in the list to be installed

2) are someboddy going to take over the development of imenu as I see the orginal advertise he not develop anymore - and becourse of this - I am afraid to use imenu if new XOOPS vertions are not compatible with old imenu in future -

3)same is with multimenu ? no icon to instal in administrator window -

posible someone have a good idea what got wrong -

Sol812

cuckston
  • 2004/3/25 15:26

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/19

I dont know what you are doing wrong as i installed it and it works fine on my site.

nesbitt
  • 2004/3/25 21:10

• nesbitt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/25

thanks for all of that.

I have just tried it on a totally new domain name with a new installation of XOOPS and it does not show up in the Modules on that one either - any idea's or suggestions for a different menu system

sol812
  • 2004/3/26 8:45

• sol812

• Just popping in

I just want get back to the subject again , as I see it get quickly dead .

there must be a confligt somewhere in the modules who block for some other new like imenu or a few more.

Do we only have imenu, to edit easy the menus ,
1) do we have alternative modules out there
2) how about the future of imenu -

kind regards
sol812

carnuke
  • 2004/3/26 9:49

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Try MutiMenu as an alternative. Gives you 4 separate menus that can be permissioned individually in groups. you can add unlimited items to each menu and select weight, target and show-hide options. It is available from XOOPS-MODULES You will also see latest imenu distributions there.

Richard

sol812
  • 2004/3/26 11:28

• sol812

• Just popping in

hi Carnuke

thanks for reply so quickly , if you read the post down the line Posted on: 2004/3/25 14:36 you wil see that I report a problem with multimenu - it had same truble as imenu.

I have no truble with other modules, I even uninstall a few modules too se if there was a confligt somewhere, but did not help - so like a few others I can read have same problem

I also check the HDD space on system -

I hope we can locate where it is - as the upload of the modules is correct made -

I hope some body maybe later read this and maybe know the problem -

thanks
sol812

Login

Who's Online

191 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 191

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits