eikke
Re: PhpSurveyor
  • 2004/3/18 12:46

• eikke

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/15

*oopz* anon access used to be enabled, but I reinstalled the module lately, thats why its disabled now. Enabling it right away... Sorry

italo
  • 2004/3/19 18:51

• italo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/19

Hi Eikke,
first of all thanks for taking the time to put together the module. Today I installed the latest version in your CVS directory and after playing around with it I got the hang of it. There are 2 things I did not get to work though. One is that when I try to "do survey" I only get a blank page. The second thing is that I would like to modify the way the "multiple options" buttons come out, meaning from a vertical position to a horizontal one; what file do I have to modify?

Hope you can help,
Italo

eikke
  • 2004/3/20 17:20

• eikke

• Just popping in

Auch, someone installed it already :)
That's not really what *should* happen, because this module isnt finished at all, let me say, its just started in fact :)
Anyway: could it be you get that blank page because no sid is given? Try to get your survey like this: first of all check the sid of the survey you want to test (go into the admin panel, and check the direct link to the survey). then go tohttp://www.yourdomain.com/modules/xsurvey/?sid=[sid], replace [sid] with the correct number. As I already said, you won't be able to complete the survey (bug somewhere). I joined the XMDT, awaiting my appliance, could make development quicker. You will get an error page (something in header.php)

About the layout: I wont touch that now. Please read the 'WARNING' file in CVS. Almost every pice of HTML is coded inside the php scripts, I'm going to rebuild everything almost from scratch, one of the changes will be putting every question type in a separate template, so you can (when the module gets finished) chenged the appereance yourself where necessary.

Regards, Ikke

Stewdio
  • 2004/3/20 17:23

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Looking forward to further development and the eventual release. I'm already thinking of where I could use something like this.

italo
  • 2004/3/22 8:26

• italo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/19

Hi Eikke,

don't worry...I installed just on a test machine to check it out. In fact I am also testing the tar ball from the author of phpsurveyor just to learn how to make surveys the way I want them to look.

To answer your reply: I do get an ID number, so it is not that. I checked the public forum and one of the reply from the author was:
quotes-----
Make sure that you have the correct files in the correct locations.

In your public directory (ie: /phpsurveyor/) you should have:

index.php
group.php
question.php
survey.php
qanda.php
help.gif
Cut.gif
chart.jpg

and the following subdirectories:

/templates
/admin

The zip file contains the correct directory structure.

Jason
quotes-------

Your installation though seems to be ok. And it is not the php version either since I use 4.1.2...so I don't know what it is. However, I don't get this problem with the tar ball installation (outside xoops).

About the layout. Modifying the part on Multiple Options in the dataentry.php script gave me the desired layout, but the idea of putting every question type in a separate template is much more elegant...good thinking .

Thanks Italo

eikke
  • 2004/3/22 9:03

• eikke

• Just popping in

First of all: the CVS version you can find on my website will not be updated anymore, because I moved to the XMDT. Newest development releases will be aviable in the XMDT SourceForge repository.

About file locations: I changed a lot of the original filelayout of PSV to become more Xoops-compliant, changed all references to replaced files too off course
I don't know what the problem is in your installation, I can get the first question of each survey...
Won't look at it either, because of the rewrite.

If someone is intrested in joining this project, don't hesitate to register at dev.xoops.org and join the 'xsurvey' project I'd love it (to get some experience, woiuld be my first multi-developer project )

Regards, Ikke

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits