Re: Script errorss
  • 2004/3/20 1:15

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Remove all the unwanted comment tags and such. Change it from this:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
//--></script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://streetlegal.myserver.org/html/include/xoops.js"></script><script type="text/javascript"><!--
//-->
</script>

to just:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://streetlegal.myserver.org/html/include/xoops.js"></script>

Just a bit cleaner. It's not the source of the problem.

Stewdio
  • 2004/3/20 1:17

• Stewdio

What I find odd is that it was there from the start of your new installation.

Stewdio
  • 2004/3/20 1:29

• Stewdio

I have a fix....

download and unziphttp://stewdio.net/xoopsjs.zip from my site.

I repackaged mine for you. Yours is corrupted. I viewed it myself. It's possible your local copy was damaged somhow. Delete the one from your server before replacing this file, and clear your /templates_c files (not the folder) just in case.

This will definately fix your problem.

eDwerD
  • 2004/3/20 2:00

• eDwerD

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/17

ive updated the js u sent me, and i thank u very much, but i still get the same error.. im going thro several theme.html's to compare them and see whats wrong/missing.. i honestly have no idea whats up still, so im starting over going thro one file at a time comparing them to ones from other themes, or comparing the ones i have against a newly downloaded version of XOOPS in a spare folder

Stewdio
  • 2004/3/20 2:04

• Stewdio

I don't understand why it didn't work, your .js file ends unexpectedly at line 280 with:

xoopsInsertText(domobj  Üþ   Üþ  ÜþJ ­

It's obviously corrupt. There are almost 400 lines of code in the xoops.js. Redownload the entire package from Xoops, extract the files, go to html/includes, and upload a fresh copy of xoops.js into your html/includes folder.

eDwerD
  • 2004/3/20 2:27

• eDwerD

• Just popping in

i do thank u very very much for your help, but i just can NOT seem to figure out where/why this is.. tomorrow mourning im going to wipe EVERYTHING out, including the database (after i make a backup) and start from scratch again and see if this still happens.. i'll keep you posted.. thanks again!

Stewdio
  • 2004/3/20 2:30

• Stewdio

I was going to suggest that, but didn't want to. So long as you back up your db, you'll be fine. Before you restore your db, install your modules, then once it's restored, everything will be back to the way it is now. (minus the corupt .js)

I don't understand why it's not updateing properly. Be sure that your sites cache and template_c folders are clearead.

I'm kinda hoping that you don't have to do a reinstall, it's really not all that neccesary. Strange...

Good Luck

Stewdio
  • 2004/3/20 2:31

• Stewdio

One more question, are you sure you uploaded the new .js file to the correct directory? I'm asking for more of my own state of mind.

eDwerD
  • 2004/3/20 2:40

• eDwerD

• Just popping in

after the re-install i jus did, i removed the html/include/xoops.js that was in the pack after testing it and still getting the same error and placed the one you sent in its spot.. same error.. and yea, i cleared the cashe folder as well, deleted the d*mn thing! lol im giving up for the night, and ima pound it hard in the am.. thanks alot!

Stewdio
  • 2004/3/20 2:42

• Stewdio

I just loaded the site, and it's fixed, or it appears to be.

*edit* nevermind, it's there

Good Luck

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits