eDwerD
Script errorss
  • 2004/3/19 21:55

• eDwerD

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/17

honeslty im not sure what is up.. so ill start with bg info..

servers run from my home on a winxp mechine with apache, php.. MySQL works, and i've had phpnuke running with no issues in the past.. after deleting the whole folder where phpnuke was, i installed xoops.. everything seems to be running great extept the fact that it seems most java script does not work.. or atleast the openwithselfmain or something alongs that line.. when i click any link to write a PM, or when posting on the forum, to bring up the img src, or links, none of that works.. its not IE since it all works when i go to any other site, plus theres a msg in the status bar that reads like "done but with error on page"

if someone could look at my site and maybe poke around.. i'd be VERY greatful!

also: big props to those who made/helped with the construction of xoops! i love it! ;)

street legal

Stewdio
Re: Script errorss
  • 2004/3/19 22:22

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

When I encounter Done but with error messages, I view sourse, copy and paste into Dreamweaver and find the culprit causing the error.

I did this with your page, and the error is on line 280, except your page only has 279 lines of code (when rendered), so I can't say for sure what the error is. Check your theme and make sure it's not using a javascript, and if it is, make sure it is properly used. It could be your footer.php, or an include thats formatted (coded)wrong, I don't know for sure.

Try a different theme, f the error goes away, it's a problem with your current theme.

eDwerD
  • 2004/3/20 0:13

• eDwerD

• Just popping in

when i view my source n view it in dreamweaver, i noticed this right away in the head section..
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
//--></script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://streetlegal.myserver.org/html/include/xoops.js"></script><script type="text/javascript"><!--
//-->
</script>

i cant seem to find where the whole thing, nor sections of it are in the seperate files.. imnot sure if that could be the issue or what.. but im diggin thro it now, so ill keep postin my results

thanks

Stewdio
  • 2004/3/20 0:36

• Stewdio

Xoops.js belongs in the head via php includes in the header.php. It may cause a problem on custom pages if it's being called twice. Make sure it is not included in your theme.html file as well. It only needs to be called once and is done via php includes.

Xoops.js has been thorougly tested, documented and widely used. Although I doubt it's coding is the primary reason you are getting an error, it may be worth looking into.

The fact that every other XOOPS site does not have this error, brings to question whether or not the xoops.js is the problem. Something tells me that you should look in other places as well, just to be sure. I personaly don't think xoops.js coding is at fault.

just my 2 cents so far...

eDwerD
  • 2004/3/20 0:50

• eDwerD

• Just popping in

good point about the xoops.js.. im going thro some of the files now to see how many actually include the js. the thing is, i had installed xoops, messed with a few themes, found one i liked, then noticed errors.. started all over after deleting all the files, and folders.. re-installed, and had the errors with defualt themes (without adding the new theme) so i went and installed the new theme anyway..

either or, im diggin throught them now to see whats up, i'll keep you updated

Stewdio
  • 2004/3/20 0:56

• Stewdio

Amuse me and re-upload the xoops.js from your local files to the site.

eDwerD
  • 2004/3/20 1:00

• eDwerD

• Just popping in

theres only three places on my site that try to include xoops.js.. the header in the root folder, /include/cp_functions, and /include/functions

im so stuck right now i dont know what to do.. ive tried removing the following line from each of the files in the includes folder, and still same error, so i put them back.

<script type="text/javascript" src="'.XOOPS_URL.'/include/xoops.js"></script>

eDwerD
  • 2004/3/20 1:02

• eDwerD

• Just popping in

just updated the xoops.js, still same thing ;[

Stewdio
  • 2004/3/20 1:03

• Stewdio

Oh well, was just running on a hunch that it may have been corrupt. Thanks

eDwerD
  • 2004/3/20 1:13

• eDwerD

• Just popping in

[shrugs] i really dont know what is up with it.. im so lost with it, i feel like im in a hole or something.. has ANYONE had that lil error message sayin "done, but with errors on page" in their status bar? if so, HTF did u fix it? lol any help would be nice, and thanks for the attempt so far!

Login

Who's Online

227 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 227

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits