Anyone!?

Thanks ...

sol812
Re: Yabbse!
  • 2004/3/16 17:02

• sol812

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/4 1

the new Yabb SE ( Now simplemachines.org) have a new public vertion to download 1.0 ( free) and support sub categories

I also hope somebody maybe will make it compatible with XOOPS 2x, it have a theme generator like phpbb to make themes design - is absolute a top bbs board and great support team behind the products.

the cgi /perl vertion are soon ready with a stunning new fast vertion too - via www.yabbforum.com and new great webdesign -

IShades
  • 2004/3/17 16:31

• IShades

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/20

I think XOOPS is fine without it!!
Xoops is in its a league of its own without incorporating
YabbSe or Sp. Like they say if it isnt broken why try to fix it. We need no more steeken forum software.

What we need is far more quality modules for the portal.

elvir
  • 2004/3/17 18:19

• elvir

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/4 1

It's ok for you to have an opinion but you're wrong.

First, your reply: "I think XOOPS is fine without it!!
Xoops is in its a league of its own without incorporating
YabbSe or Sp. We need no more steeken forum software. "

- this is first part of your reply. You're wrong because you came here to seek for another thing you would like to have on your web site.

and after that you've said: "What we need is far more quality modules for the portal."

And, you're right. Yes, we need a lot more and YabbSe is one of them. Now, what do you like is other thing. But, some of us like this BB rather than some other. Some of us don't!

You're right for XOOPS to, it needs more modules, theme designs ... etc ... XOOPS is one of those things making you ask your self every morning you get up: what's next I can integrate into this great peace of software.

Be honest, XOOPS is great, but not perfect.

Anyway, your reply isn't an answer for my question:

Any change on YabbSe module for xoops!?

The answer I'm looking for is Yes or No. If yes, please provide a link, if you don't like the topic simple go to another you like.

Arguing isn't what I'm trying to integrate into xoops. Or may be I'm wrong...

Thanks ...

IShades
  • 2004/3/17 18:50

• IShades

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/20

Um wright is Not spelled Wright, It's Spelled Right!
If you are going to correct me, please spell it correctly. :)

- Please check the attitude at the door! - TY!

elvir
  • 2004/3/17 21:59

• elvir

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/4 1

Whatever!

Quote:

IShades wrote:
Um wright is Not spelled Wright, It's Spelled Right!
If you are going to correct me, please spell it correctly. :)

- Please check the attitude at the door! - TY!

cuckston
  • 2004/3/17 22:57

• cuckston

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/19

Bickering aside, i believe that elvir is right in that introducing new forum software into XOOPS is the right way to go. A lot of people use XOOPS simply as a portal for their forum so it is important that the forum is the best suited one for them. I would like to see more modules being made for YaBB SE, SMF, Invision Board and vBulletin and not just phpBB.

Stewdio
  • 2004/3/17 23:50

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Expect to see massive changes in a future core release.

amok200
  • 2004/3/18 0:07

• amok200

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/23

I hope the Invision Power Board Module (IPBM) by Koudanshi (here)will become integrated into the core. It fits the bill perfectly, at least for my needs - a highly configurable and feature-rich forum.

Stewdio
  • 2004/3/18 0:16

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

It was stated quite some time ago that other forum mods will not likely be added to the core (such as phpbb, yabbse, IPB, etc.) As great as these mods are, they would not reflect XOOPS as being original, from a core developers standpoint. The core team feels that using other development teams models would take away from the uniqueness of Xoops.

That being said, it doesn't mean that people outside of the core team will stop making modules of this type to give to the community at large.

Not very many details have been given about what new features the newbb will have but based on what I have seen, the core team has not only listened, they are close to releasing a very feature rich and easier to use forum to include with the core.

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits