talunceford
Ability to save any object to site favorites........ possible???

An interesting question popped into my head while I was reading some of the posts on Xoops.org. One thing that I think would be an interesting option to have built into future versions of XOOPS would be the ability to save anything on the site to a personal favorites list.

Let me explain....

A person comes to the site, logs in finds a link that he/she likes and clicks a button to "Add to Favorites" He/she also finds a new web link in the links section of that site that he/she finds interesting and adds that also. All of which is displayed in a Favorites block.

How would it work?
Well here is the idea...
The site admin defines what sections of the site would have the ability to allow users to add content to their favorites block.

The individual modules would have the ability to show the "Add To Favorites" link built in, but need verification from the site admin to show it, allowing users to add news articles, links, a buddy list, just about anything to a favorite list.....

I think it would basically expand on the bookmark feature that is already available in Xoops. Make it so that it not only allows members to bookmark forum topics, but other items as well.

Just an idea.....

wtravel
Re: Ability to save any object to site favorites........ requested features

Hi talunceford,

I would like to help on that project in a couple of months, if the core developers do not have any plans for the coming months to work on that.

It would be great to have a my favorites page available in which you can organise per item (or module) all the users' favorite pages. Also on the several pages users can add to their favorites a link needs to be visible that will add that page to their favorites.

Perhaps people can start with stating their requested features and the core developers can give their input as well on this.

Regards,

Martijn

talunceford
Re: Ability to save any object to site favorites........ requested features

Yeah, I started writing down ideas and what not for this module/hack. I will try and do some work on it when I have the chance.

Login

Who's Online

390 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 390

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits