Hi,

I am getting the following error if I turn on SQL debug

SELECT author FROM xoops_sbcolumns WHERE author = 4
Error number: 1146
Error message: Table 'user992_xoops.xoops_sbcolumns' doesn't exist
SELECT columnID, name FROM xoops_sbcolumns
Error number: 1146
Error message: Table 'user992_xoops.xoops_sbcolumns' doesn't exist

This error occurs when I choose 'modules' from the Admin section.

I believe 'sb' refers to Soapbox - I had installed soapbox but now have uninstalled it. How do I get rid of this error message ?

Thanks,

amok

hsalazar
Re: Soapbox SQL error
  • 2004/3/11 22:35

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

amok200:

This is a weird message, since the calls mean there's an attempt to retrieve the name of a column's author, and then the name of a column, but AFAIK this call can't be made but via a file...

Of course, since you've uninstalled Soapbox, the error messages make sense: the tables don't exist anymore.

As a general measure, I'd go through the database to drop any possible table there that contains the "xoops_sb" string, and then I'd delete the files in the templates_c folder.

You can also go through your XOOPS files and search for the strings "SELECT author FROM" and "SELECT columnID, name FROM". If you find them somewhere, please let me know, for of course they don't belong there.

Other than this, I can't think what to do, since this has to do with the file admin/index.php, which the module never touches...

I'll do this. I have Soapbox installed in one of my test servers. I'll delete the module using the standard procedure, and then I'll comb the database to see if there's any remnant left. If I find anything, I'll report it here so people know.

Cheers.

amok200
  • 2004/3/12 1:40

• amok200

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/23

Hi hsalazar,

Thanks for the response. Checked tables and emptied template_c, yet the problem still persists. Those query strings exist only in files within modules/soapbox, which is deactivated.

Of course, if I reactivate the module, the error disappears !

Perhaps its not deactivating properly ? I'll be interested to hear what you find out !

Incidentally, I just want to say that soapbox is just about the best looking and most well documented module I've seen. It's functionality is also very good, the only reason I chose not to use it was lack of subcategories.. but I'm watching for future developments.

Thanks,

Amok

cwayne
  • 2004/3/12 11:32

• cwayne

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/25

Hi Hsalazar,

I got some sql error messages as well while clicking on the delete article button in the index page.

----------------------------------
Queries
SELECT * FROM xoops_config WHERE (conf_modid = 0 AND conf_catid = 1) ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT sess_data FROM xoops_session WHERE sess_id = '289f6fde0ed645672b9f40dabe6d074f'
SELECT * FROM xoops_users WHERE uid=2
SELECT * FROM xoops_modules WHERE dirname = 'soapbox'
SELECT * FROM xoops_config WHERE (conf_modid = 50) ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT * FROM xoops_modules WHERE dirname = 'soapbox'
SELECT articleID, headline FROM xoops_sbarticles WHERE articleID =
Error number: 1064
Error message: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1
SELECT * FROM xoops_group_permission WHERE (gperm_name = 'module_admin' AND gperm_modid = 1 AND (gperm_groupid = 1))
Total: 8 queries

Blocks
Total: 0 blocks
------------------------------

the articleID seems to be missing and I couldn't delete that article afterwards.
I've tried to remove the soapbox module thoroughly and reinstall but the problem's still there.

what possible problem could this be ?

Login

Who's Online

357 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 357

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits