MLimburg
All on the Wiki Roadmap!
  • 2004/3/9 13:01

• MLimburg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/8 2

Howdy,

Excuse if I'm stepping on toes or if I'm repeating something which I've missed ..

I've started to create a range of wiki pages for the roadmap to 2.1 so all the data is sitting on one place, able to be updated by all (you DO have accounts .. yes? If no, then make one!) and can help provide a place where we can all discuss what and how we can do these things.

I was going to add in more from the threads, and my own (!!!) but it's late and I just installed WinXP and Fedora on this machine already tonight, so I need some down time.

Hope this helps guys ..

M

Herko
Re: All on the Wiki Roadmap!
  • 2004/3/9 14:13

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Thank you for taking initiative, but I wish to make something clear about this:

First of all, the Roadmap for XOOPS 2.1 discussion thread is, as is explained in the roadmap startup discussion thread, just that. It's input for the XOOPS Roadmap that will be released by the XOOPS Core Team. The wish-list is nice, but as you may see in the core roadmap discussion, I already made a summary somewhere near the end. The point here is that the ROadmap itself will be made by the XOOPS Core Team. Having a wiki doc with roadmap title suggests this to be the official roadmap, which it isn't. Add to that the fact that a wiki is not a good place for discussion (that's why forums were invented), this brings the wiki page back to a summary of the discussion thread, and a wishlist to boot.

Everyone has wishes (hell, I know I have tons of them), but the XOOPS development process isn't about making them come true, but making them possible

In the next newsletter, I'll have some important development roadmap news, so don't worry. You'll get your chance soon

Herko

MLimburg
Re: All on the Wiki Roadmap!
  • 2004/3/9 21:29

• MLimburg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/8 2

Sorry, it was late last night .. it's not a roadmap, it's a wishlist. And it's wikied as such as well.

I am looking forward to seeing where XOOPS is heading. I want to use it, I really do, but at the moment, I feel like my best option to get the product I need is to recode the phpBB2 codebase. I'd really like to avoid that ... REALLY!

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits