mpowell
database problem
  • 2004/3/4 8:35

• mpowell

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/10

Is it possible for XOOPS to be running on two databases? I have two databases showing in MySQL and only one XOOPS install. They both seem to have data in them as well. What should I do?

The only problem I am experiencing is that there are times when I am booted out and now allowed to log back in, just keep getting the login message over and over again. Other than that, which is a frustration, everything seems to work fine.

mpowell

davidl2
Re: database problem
  • 2004/3/4 12:05

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

IT sounds like the same logging in problem i've got - and again I cant even get into my site!

Has anyone got any solutions for this????

It has only started for me 2 days ago - and I'm losing site visitors as they cannot login or register!

Please can someone help :(

Thanks in advance!

Herko
  • 2004/3/4 12:40

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

On your first point: how would you tell XOOPS which database to use? If I were you, I would make an SQL dump of them both, and compare them. Then, cosolidate them into one, and use only one.

About the login problem, it may be that you're running a firewall software that blocks http header information with cookies. Make sure your site is added to the trusted sites list, or that at least http header information can be sent to the cookie on your machine, and sent from your machine to the site.

Herko

davidl2
  • 2004/3/4 12:54

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

I don't know about the other gentleman, but I know no firewall settings have not been changed in my case. In fact, no settings (other than upload more piccies!) have been changed.

Herko
  • 2004/3/4 13:30

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Howcome I see a user named test1 online?

Anyways, check with your hoster if they have made any changes to the server in recent days (php/lunix/mysql), maybe that is the cause?

Herko

davidl2
  • 2004/3/4 14:39

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

test1 is one of my hosting providers technicians who have been testing the problem out. Like myself - they'ved managed to log in sometimes, and othertime are unable to.

mpowell
  • 2004/3/4 16:35

• mpowell

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/10

Thanks herko. I am still new at this and have not attempted a database dump and merge. Can you explain in a little more detail or tell me where such information can be obtained on the web. Thanks again.

mpowell

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits