vaibhav
All ruined..........
  • 2004/3/2 17:48

• vaibhav

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/27

hi
i installed XOOPS .everything was fine and i got good no of hits .but after 2-3 days someone told me.he is not able to register.xoops showes the message that sorry new users can't be registered and after that one day someone told me he is not able to login .when i saw from his comp. i really saw that he can't .i used admin pass but even admin can't login .i login again from my comp i cud login.one more worse thing happened no one can login without remember me checked .if login pass is right then it shows a page thanque 4 login in but shows the same page as to a
anonymous user .200 people have registered and now im f**ked up .what to do .I will lost all of them.everything was fine on first 2 days then such weired thing happened.

my Q. is when it shows u the page thank u 4 login.then why it shows the page of a anonymous user.
and why i can login from some computers ant not from few others.......... while i have only 127.0.0.1 the only ip to be restricted.....................

present condition is..........
1.if u have not selected remember me u can't login.it will show u that thanx for login but will show u the page 4 anonymous.
2.even with rem... me some of the computers can't login.
same thing happens it shows thanx for login but shows the anonymous user page........................
3.some of the computers can't register.

everything is weired.... Plz help me.

Herko
Re: All ruined..........
  • 2004/3/2 17:59

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

This is most likely due to the fact that these people are running firewall software on their cmputers. XOOPS uses a cookie to verify the users login status, and firewalls block http header information being stored or sent to and from the users PC.

The solution is to add the XOOPS site to the trusted sites list, or change the settings to allow http header information.

Herko

Stewdio
  • 2004/3/2 19:44

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Would another solution be to change how XOOPS core handles the cookie to avoid this sort of thing from happening?

vaibhav
  • 2004/3/2 20:34

• vaibhav

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/27

thanx
i will see that firewall thing.
but what about the login.If u don't select rem... me than it shows u thanx for login page but then takes u to the anonymous page.it shows thanx page means it has identified the user from database.Even then it throws u
to anonymous page not to the registered user page.To save
my ass a bit presently i have made the rem.. box default checked but if any one don't wants the rem.. me tag then
he can never login.....................
what's the problem??even i didn't touched a single file.
why its happening??????????

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits