hsalazar
Soapbox issue corrected.
  • 2004/2/27 2:43

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

wildo, wilsonjr, tjnemez, marcan, and all Soapbox users in xoopsdom:

I'm sorry to say that the module had been released without a second thorough revision of all main points, so it slipped my sight this matter of permissions in blocks. I've corrected the relevant files and uploaded a new subversion of the module:

Soapbox v1.2 ZIP 882 kb

Soapbox v1.2 RAR 872 kb

In order to upload this fix quickly, I still haven't updated correctly the module, just corrected this issue and another one: I had no problems with the print at all, but just in case, I implemented the same thing following a different path. If you detect problems, please let me know.

The remaining text strings still hard-coded, as well as some other things left to do will wait a few days. There's just another thing worth mentioning:

Anonymous users will NEVER see the submit link, because a column MUST have an author, and the author should be a registered user of the site designed by the webmaster to author a particular column.

Again, sorry for the mishap. I hope this fix works for all.

Cheers.

PS. I'm happy to report that 1,058 users have downloaded the module so far. However, 944 of them downloaded version 1.0. I highly recommend getting this last fix, as it includes many things that were solved after the 1.0 release. Thanks.

Stewdio
Re: Soapbox issue corrected.
  • 2004/2/27 3:12

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Awsome work yet again hsalazar! I'm still drumming up ideas for columns and articles, but I'll be applying this to my still empty module

Cheers!

vzbob
  • 2004/2/27 3:25

• vzbob

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/15

after Updating it is not showing Colums Allready created from pervious version it shows the articles in the admin section but not the colums. they are in the database still but are not visable in the module or admin.

Stewdio
  • 2004/2/27 3:28

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Dumb question, but did you double check the User Groups and the permissions for the module?

I would also toss in a guess and say go to your groups, select each one and 'submit' user groups again, even though you arn't making changes. Might not hurts to do the same for each of your Columns.

wcrwcr
  • 2004/2/27 3:30

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Great job hsalazar!!!
What a nice and full of features module.

hsalazar
  • 2004/2/27 6:33

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

vzbob:

This is not strange if you upgraded directly from version 1.0 to versiĆ³n 1.2, because of a simple fact that I failed to mention, that is, that between those versions I changed the variables for columns and articles. In version 1.0 those variables were respectively colID and artID. However, the use of at least one of these variables generated conflict when using the module together with WF-FAQ or WF-Section. So from version 1.1 on I changed the same variables to columnID and articleID.

If this is indeed the problem, maybe all you have to do is open your database and rename the variables. What strikes me as odd is what you say about seeing the articles but not the columns. Could you provide more details about this?

Cheers.

blueangel
  • 2004/2/27 13:22

• blueangel

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/2/20

hi hsalazar,

other two little things that I found up to now

Quote:

soap box suggestions:

index.php

/* begin: piece of source code */
$resultA = $xoopsDB -> query( "SELECT columnID, name, description, author, colimage FROM " . $xoopsDB -> prefix( "sbcolumns" ) . " ORDER BY weight" );

$sqlA = "SELECT columnID, name, description, author, colimage FROM " . $xoopsDB -> prefix( "sbcolumns" ) . " ORDER BY weight";
$resultA = $xoopsDB -> query( $sqlA, $xoopsModuleConfig['colsperindex'], $start );
/* end: piece of source code */

the first query is never used and probably you can delete it

soap box bugs:

admin/permissions.php

The menu on the top uses hardcoded strings

wilsonjr
  • 2004/2/27 13:52

• wilsonjr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/26

thanks for the excellent work!

wilsonjr

vzbob
  • 2004/2/27 14:26

• vzbob

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/15

Quote:

hsalazar wrote:
vzbob:

So from version 1.1 on I changed the same variables to columnID and articleID.

If this is indeed the problem, maybe all you have to do is open your database and rename the variables. What strikes me as odd is what you say about seeing the articles but not the columns. Could you provide more details about this?

Cheers.

Ok I change data in the database and all is fine now. It was those variables

tjnemez
  • 2004/2/28 2:33

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

hey hsalazar,

i have one issue and it may be mine, but when my recent article block is activated i cannot load my site. just get a blank white page. in admin- block preview works fine.

thank you for the excellent work, this module is great.

cheers,
www.mindhealth.ca

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits