arinf
registration not allowed after 2.0.6 upgrade
  • 2004/2/23 8:13

• arinf

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/26

I upgraded to 2.0.6 and all is good except that new users cannot register and I can not create new users in the admin are either, just says "Could not register new user."

arinf
Re: registration not allowed after 2.0.6 upgrade
  • 2004/2/23 17:02

• arinf

• Just popping in

Here is what I get when I try to add a new member via the admin area
Resized Image

Maracas
  • 2004/2/23 17:10

• Maracas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/18

When I upgraded to 2.0.6 I had a few problems trying to get things done, too, especially in the admin area. I looked in "Groups" and discovered that much of my access rights in the webmaster group had been unchecked, probably as a result of the upgrade (I gues). I fixed it all back up and it worked fine.

I'm not saying that will solve your problem, but it solved mine. You might take a look at Groups. Just a suggestion.

JackJ
  • 2004/2/23 17:35

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

I had a similar problem. Yours may be file related, I have searched the forums and no answer yet that I can see.

I sorted my problem by going to my XOOPS database and the xoops_users table using phpadmin.

I discovered when clicking on the table and going to "browse", that the last user had an id of "0". After clicking on "structure" I discovered that the "uid" field was not set to "auto_increment". I set this and deleted the user/users with a uid of "0", this fixed my problem.

Long shot, it may not be this in your case, but you could go to the "sql" file in your XOOPS "install" folder in your download and check that all the field properties match.

arinf
  • 2004/2/23 22:17

• arinf

• Just popping in

Thanks for the response

everything seems to be correct but still a no go, I am close to giving up on it but I would hate to give up all the work I have already done.

http://www.clanxh.com

Mithrandir

Do you get any PHP debug or MySQL errors with appropriate debug options enabled?

hpaco
  • 2004/2/26 3:03

• hpaco

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/21

I have this same problem I cannot login and nobody else I cheked as said up here but the database has the auto_increment option

also previously I had the problem that #"$"#$# apears before everything I write and even registering new users appears
#"$"#$#nick
#"$"#$#password

help please

Login

Who's Online

117 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 117

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits