Spetter
Forms : how to ? examples ? documentation?
  • 2004/2/11 6:58

• Spetter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/1

Hi,

I have installed XOOPS a few months ago and made me familiar with the standard modules and implementation. Works great, thanks. Now I want to go further and create my own forms to store data to a database and to edit this data.
- I have looked around on the site, but I can not find documentation.
_ I have tried to read the code and it has become more clear, but this is not an efficient way. I know how to make standard forms in html/php. I have looked to the contact module and to the members module, which contains some forms.

Is there some information on this basic subject, or examples of the different classes that extend the form class?

krayc
Re: Forms : how to ? examples ? documentation?
  • 2004/2/19 0:52

• krayc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Spetter did you ever find a solution? I'm looking for what seems to be the same functionality.

hsalazar
  • 2004/2/19 1:51

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

In the documentation team we're well aware of this need, and that particular issue is high in the to-do list. However, at the moment we're working on more basic level documents: an installation manual, a visual introduction, a webmaster's basic manual and the operations guide.

Cheers.

theCat
  • 2004/2/19 8:16

• theCat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/2 2

If you speak french, you can find some information on the form class here (after register).

epiqmail
  • 2004/3/4 6:32

• epiqmail

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/6

Check out a product called www.easygen.com if you dont want to program. It gives you a graphical environment to create forms and link them back to the MySQL database. I dont know PHP that well so I use this. It is a great product. For complex forms however, you are almost going to have to hire an experienced programmer.

Scott

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits