Re: Best for articles management
  • 2004/2/15 14:21

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

Olorin wrote:
Quote:
Um, look at what you quoted from Catz and then how you responded. Do you see any inconsistencies?

Ouch!!!! It was ME that should have been calmed down...
I completely misundestood what Cats wrote. I'm very sorry about it. It was definilety my huge fault...

And thank you for pointing out my misunderstanding, BPJones...

This is the reason why I said English is the foe for Japanese... Good excuse isn't it?

Well, take care of yourself, Catswolf. I'm also a big fan of Wf-section.

Hey English is the foe to many English speaking people as well

Np And thanks

Brad
  • 2004/2/15 15:45

• Brad

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/12/4

Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

Hey English is the foe to many English speaking people as well

That is the absolute truth!

ohwada
  • 2004/2/18 16:24

• ohwada

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/15

Quote:

I have finally downloaded your hacked version of WF-Sections I will try to include many (if not all, as I have already added some of these anyay) of your additions. Some good ones there that I like (esp the Wiki)

Thank you Catzwolf.
I am glad you will adopt my hacks.

Maracas
  • 2004/2/28 15:01

• Maracas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/18

I am desparate for an articles management solution. I would like to try ANY version of WF-Section, but I cannot seem to find it as a download anywhere, even after a Google search and other searches. Where on earth is this WF-Section module everyone talks about, but doesn't seem to be anywhere?

I'm getting ready to give XF-Section 1.05 a try now, and would like to check out whatever the last WF-Section module was before it all disappeared. Any pointer toward where WF-Section may be downloaded would be much appreciated. Thanks.

carnuke
  • 2004/2/28 19:28

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Catzwolf has indicated that there will be a new release this month (FEBRUARY)so, it might just be worth waiting afew more days .... I know jackj at http://macambridge.com/ has a modified version on his site, but it seems to be down at the moment.

I am also eagerly looking forward to this new WF-Section from Catzwolf.

Richard

JackJ
  • 2004/2/28 21:03

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

I have made it available for download again, updating my site etc, the spaw one works ok for a friend, for users having the use of spaw, the other one is a bug-applied wan..

Maracas
  • 2004/2/28 22:44

• Maracas

• Just popping in

Thanks for the info. I gave XF-Section 1.05 a spin and it looks just like what I am looking for. I understand it's a hacked version of WF-Section, trying to fix some bugs from an earlier WF release, so I have a good idea of what WF-Section will do now, I think.

I think I will continue to play with XF and wait for the new WF version 2. I also thought I read that some of the things in XF may be incorporated into the new WF, so it all looks very promising. And I heard that WF may be incorporated as the core sections module for XOOPS sometime in the future. Is that correct?

I intend to put a lot of time and effort into articles management so I just need something that will be around for a while and not go belly up. Thanks again for the info.

charpres
  • 2004/2/28 23:44

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/4 2

After running iContent and XFsections head-to-head for awhile, I decided that iContent handles what I want a little bit better.

Here's why: as far as I can tell, XFsections does not pull html content directly into XOOPS native search. With iContent, you pull in any HTML document with the iContent directory and pages admin panel and the total content is immediately searchable with Xoops. With XFsections, unless I'm missing something (which is entirely possible), you cannot do it directly. You have to run the content through the XFSections HTML editor first --which can be a pain if you have a large number of pages you want to use with the least work. Another little bug I noticed is that when you are given a choice of using the editor or uploading an HTML file, if you choose to upload you get an error message telling you the editing window cannot be blank. So --you have to put in a period or something in the editing window before you can upload a HTMl file. Very strange.

Maybe this is something that is in the plans to fix?

JackJ
  • 2004/2/29 0:18

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Yes external html pages not in the database are not included in the search

for the empty page error this does the job in wfsections/admin/wfsarticle.php

(I am using wfsections a bug fix version, xfsections still has a few bugs here and there, for example the email to webmaster for submissions is stuck at id 1, and email to webmaster defines not fixed, (perhaps they have fixed that one.))

around line 959

//HTML Page Seclection//

echo "<div><b>"._WFS_HTMLPAGE."</b></div>";
//echo " <b>HTML Path: </b>".$htmlpath."<br /><br /></div>";
$html_array = XoopsLists::getFileListAsArray(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH.'/'.$wfsConfig['htmlpath']);

works for me anyway

Maracas
  • 2004/2/29 3:32

• Maracas

• Just popping in

Hmmmm ... based on charpres' assessment of iContent, perhaps I should give it a more thorough look. There may be a lot more to it than meets the eye right away.

As for WF, I am quite curious about new features in version 2. It shouldn't be long to wait for its release, I think.

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits