YourHelp
YABB
  • 2004/2/14 2:11

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

Hello Xoopers Happy Valentines for all you romantics like me out there.

I have an interesting question today for you smartys.

I would like to have a YaBB forum replace the forum in XOOPS is this possible if so would like to give this a try with some help ;)

Uhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm or maybe i should just have the forum seperate from my XOOPS site and intergrate it with a link to the forum......

But the problem is i only have one Database and YaBB and XOOPS require a database therefore i was hoping i could intergrate it into XOOPS and use the one database

Will reward person dearly for helping me with this personally.

Kindest Regards
YH

Shimmerknight
Re: YABB

use the same database.

YourHelp
  • 2004/2/14 9:30

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

Wonderful so it can be done? Would you care to explain how it is to be done

Herko
  • 2004/2/14 16:47

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Easy: XOOPS tables all have a prefix, so you can have multiple (xoops)installs in the same database, each functioning as it's own site. So, in this theory, you can install YABB, as long as it doesn't have the same table names as your XOOPS install (which would be strange, as all XOOPS tables have the prefix you said they should have). The database can hold a large number of tables, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Herko

YourHelp
  • 2004/2/14 22:35

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

The YaBB install is very much the same as the XOOPS install .. You go through an install process and then it asks where your database is just like XOOPS does in its install. Now do I simply tell it the database that I use for XOOPS will it work together with XOOPS ok in the one database?...... after it has been installed is there anyway to move posts from the old newbb forum into the yabb forum can all this be integrated or do I start from scratch with yabb.

Kindest Regards
YH

YourHelp
  • 2004/2/14 22:38

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

AND........ how do i put the yabby forum where the only newbb forum is in like a little module so it fits in neet.

Herko
  • 2004/2/14 23:23

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

as for the installing part, yes just go through the install, and as long as it doesn't try to create any existing tables, you're ok. As for the integration and conversion with XOOPS, I haven't seen any modularisation or conversion scripts out there, sorry.

You should know that the YABB script is a standalone script, not a module for XOOPS. You can't just ask 'how can I make it fit in neet' when dealing with complex scripts like this (with your post count, I expected a better understanding of the workings of XOOPS and other internet technology related subjects YourHelp )

Herko

YourHelp
  • 2004/2/15 14:06

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

If you don't ask you won't know. Ive never done this kind of xooping before but would like to give it ago seeing yabb gives the browser an idea of what sex they are and birthday ect its a nicer forum to use.

There are over 10000 user's here herko correct me if im wrong but this would be the best place to ask my question wouldnt it im sure there is atleast 1 user out there who has allready done this ........ and i would say he is offline and has not viewd this post yet im sure that if i check back in a few months there will be a reply

Thanksss

p.s most things are complex are they not?

Herko
  • 2004/2/15 14:12

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

I know, there aren't any stupid questions, only stupid answers here. And never asked questions will never teach you anything. You're right on both counts. ANd you're right to ask, I don't claim you shouldn't have asked. What I claim is that you are looking for the easiest way, and from someone who has been around here as much as you have, I expected a little more research and knowledge on how this works.

By easy I don't mean looking for someone who has done this, but I mean you didn't give anyone who might help you much to work with. Just 'how can I make it like I want'. A little more explanation on what you want, and what you are willing to do yourself to get there might be more helpful, in my humble opinion Anyways, I hope you find your answers, and if there is anything I can do to help, you know where to post.

Herko

destrux
  • 2004/2/15 19:10

• destrux

• Since: 2002/6/3 1

Yourhelp...do a search on this forum for a guy named tywick, he was doing a yabb module for xoops. I'm not sure what his status is with it, he might've stopped production of it, but who knows. Find him and ask him a few questions. He's the only person I know of who's attempted this and this was quite a while ago. And seeing how I haven't heard much from him I'm guessing he's dropped this project, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits