Anonymous
What photo gallery do you recommend?
  • 2004/2/10 1:57

• Anonymous

• Since:

I'm trying to choose a photo gallery module, but can't seem to decide which one is best for my users.

I just need the following functions:

1) Users must be able to create their own photo gallery
2) Users must be able to comment on eachother's photos
3) Admin must be able to create categories where users can share photos

Any recommendations?

Wingz
Re: What photo gallery do you recommend?
  • 2004/2/10 2:11

• Wingz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/23

Development seems to have stalled a little on it (that seems to happen a lot), but xcGallery is the one.

Does all that plus e-cards. I started a site back on v1.2 with myGallery (now myGallery-P) so I'm stuck with it (can't port 400 pics and comments sadly) but xcGallery's the one IMNSHO.

You should find it here in the downloads section; latest I think is RC1.1.

djsckizo
  • 2004/2/10 2:38

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

Yeah, my site runs with xCGal and it seems to be pretty nice so far.

brash
  • 2004/2/10 2:38

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

As already said, xcGallery should be great for what you're looking for, I find the support for EXIF data to be a real winner. I use xcGallery for my gallery at www.brashquido.org , but I'd also love to see develpment continue on this module.

xcGallery is based on version 1.10 of the Coppermine photo gallery software. Coopermine is now upto version 1.21, and also has some welcome new features such as support for other media files such as video and flash movies. making it more of a multimedia gallery than a photo gallery.

Wingz
xcGallery
  • 2004/2/10 2:50

• Wingz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/23

Following Brash's comments just took a look at Coppermine's Sourceforge site - the upcoming version will also include watermarks - now that's cool!

Be great if someone (or the original developer) could pick this up again and run with it.

Chado
  • 2004/2/10 9:12

• Chado

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/6 7

I have been using MyAlbum-P that is currently being supported by GiJoe at http://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/. He seems to do a good job of supporting it and coming out with new features and bug fixes quite regularly. It installed without a hitch and has been working great for my needs.

supra01
Custom photo gallery??
  • 2004/2/10 15:57

• supra01

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/2 0

Sorry I don't mean to hijack your post but does anyone know any gallery that allows users to rate the photos?
Basically what I'm after is this --
-Users upload pictures and comments (which can then be displayed on a formatted template page)
-User can rate other users photos (out of 10)
-Top 5 user photos displayed in a block on top page

You see I've recently bought the domain toyotasupra.co.uk and want users to post and rate pictures on their supras on my site. This combined with xoops' superb community based core would make an excellent site I'm sure.

Sorry if I've missed a simple module lerking around but I've had a quick search then saw this post so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks,
Matt

eikke
Re: Custom photo gallery??
  • 2004/2/10 16:12

• eikke

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/15

xcGal has a voting system (5 points max). Dunno about the highest rated block tough... You can show the highest rated pictures, but dunno about a block for it. You could write one yourself of course, dont think it'd be as difficult.

irmtfan
  • 2004/2/11 10:33

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:

supra01 wrote:
-Users upload pictures and comments (which can then be displayed on a formatted template page)
-User can rate other users photos (out of 10)
-Top 5 user photos displayed in a block on top page

You see I've recently bought the domain toyotasupra.co.uk and want users to post and rate pictures on their supras on my site. This combined with xoops' superb community based core would make an excellent site I'm sure.

Thanks,
Matt

i went to group manager in xcgal & set "can upload picturs" to YES for users but users cant upload picturs yet???
is there any work to do?

qbertz
  • 2004/2/11 11:50

• qbertz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/30

Sorry I don't mean to hijack your post but .... im going to. :)

Real nice

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits