unibesti
Xoops forums notifications, POP3 -> Forums and
  • 2004/1/20 20:55

• unibesti

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/2

Hi, I would like to know why only the "Webmasters" group is able to select the notification type of the forums that says "Send new posts by mail (COMPLETE MESSAGE TEXT)".

Some of my users needs to receive like that and that option is missing from their menu.

On the other side, I would like to know if there's some kind of module to post in a Forum from an email (getting POP3 messages for example).

ANother one: I don't know how to make the published Articles appear directly on the front page, could anyone explain me how to do it? many thanks!!!

1i.

Stewdio
Re: Xoops forums notifications, POP3 -> Forums and
  • 2004/1/20 21:44

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

I don't know about your first question. As for sending a message to the forums through email, thats not possible with Xoops. You would need completely different scripts for that and in most cases you need server level access to install and configure them.

As for showing articles ont he front page, go to your block administration and select module block features that you would like to display on your pages.

To experiment how this system works, start by creating a block of your own with some simple text and play around with where it is displayed and other options. Once you have a feel for that, I'm sure you'll understand how to use other blocks within your XOOPS site.

supernix
Re: Xoops forums notifications, POP3 -> Forums and
  • 2004/2/7 7:31

• supernix

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/3/13

Actually there is a hack somewhere on the forums to do just what your asking. Someone posted it here before.

I had enabled the same thing per users requests.

Here is the hack I mentioned :

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12985&forum=7#forumpost53817

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits