m0nty
News Module Cloning
  • 2004/1/31 0:39

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

can some1 tell me exactly what files i need to copy so that i can make a full clone of the news module, so that i can edit the table names etc etc and add a few more here and there to make a module to suit my sites needs, i'm only toyin with the idea..

BradM
Re: News Module Cloning
  • 2004/1/31 3:43

• BradM

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/14

Off the top of my head:

Copy all the module files into a new directory, for example "mynews".

Edit "mynews/xoops_version.php", and change the $modversion['dirname'] line to reflect the new directory (you might also have to edit/rename the block and template names too).

Edit "mynews/sql/mysql.sql", and change the name of the two tables (edit the CREATE TABLE names).

Edit "mynews/admin/index.php", and change this line to reflect the new directory:
include_once XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/modules/news/class/class.newsstory.php";

There might be a number of references to the directory name within any module files. These will all have to be changed.

No guarantee the above will work, but it's a start.

Brad

m0nty
  • 2004/2/1 15:50

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

thanks Brad,

so i'm right in thinking that none of the core files need to be changed? I can just copy the news module folder and change everything in there and it will work once done?

Mithrandir

The core is independent from modules. Adding or removing a module should not affect other modules - at least not because of the core.

Login

Who's Online

97 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 97

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits