marcan
Advises requested !
  • 2004/1/29 20:23

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

Hi everybody, I'm building a site where 50% of my users will speak french and the other 50%, in english. I got the MLPatch from hsalazar and it work great for multiple languages. however, my question is more theorical. What would YOU do about the forums and articles that users will post. Should I set up 2 different categories, English and French and put the forums in both category? Shoudl I set up 2 different XOOPS sites? Any ideas, comments suggestions? Anyone had that problematic before?

Thanks for your help !

Stewdio
Re: Advises requested !
  • 2004/1/29 20:36

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Personaly I would go with two forum groups, one in english and the other in french. You can always let users select their language through XOOPS language packs and include a link on the main site.

This of course is the overy simplistic approach that entails little work on your part.

Mithrandir

two forums, definitely.

Separating them with 2 sites will halve the activity on the site - even if the French don't understand the English part and vice versa, it will still show activity and be more motivating.

So if the main problem is the forums, I'd suggest you choose that approach.

If you will use more modules, which will need multi-language content, it will of course give grounds for more consideration.

marcan
  • 2004/1/29 20:56

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

Thanks for your quick answers !

Quote:
Separating them with 2 sites will halve the activity on the site
You're right about that ! I guess seperating the modules would be the best way.

I will use these modules :
- WFSection
- NewBB
- MyLinks

Anyother fellow that encountered the same problem? (Why am I living in 2 language country anyway !!!! )

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits