ladysham
Please let me know if my assumption is correct
  • 2004/1/28 1:40

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

Am I correct in assuming that forms cannot be filled out by people who are not registered with the site? Is this true with all the form modules.

I have tried using Formulaire. I have the link visible to visitors, but they don't have access to it. I have the group permissions set properly, the block permissions set properly - but anonymous users can't seem to fill out the form.

Is there any other module that might do this? I might be able to run another form with an email script - but I'd like to not have to.

Thanks for any input you can give.

Kelly Ling

clagrone
Re: Please let me know if my assumption is correct
  • 2004/1/28 1:56

• clagrone

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/26

1. When creating the form prior to submitting did you choose permission for visitors to access? Meaning not in modules or blocks but the setting for permissions in the actual form you created.

2. Module access is set for all?

If you have set permissions in both these areas it should work. go admin - formulaire - edit form and make sure that permissions for the form has been set for access to all groups.

ladysham
  • 2004/1/28 3:39

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

See - that's my problem. Unless I have an older version (downloaded in November 2003) there is no option when you create a form to set who has the persmission to use the form. You can select which group you want the form sent to - but not permission to actually use the form.

That's why I'm stuck. The only place to set permissions is actually on the block page. No where on the module that I can find.

Kelly Ling

Chainsaw
  • 2004/1/28 4:56

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

Gidday Kelly

I had the same problem as yourself with Formulaire. See my thread athttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15728&forum=7

To cut the story short, how I got Formulaire to work for anonymous users was

Quote:

Hello Philou

It was late last night (just prior to midnight in New Zealand) when I appear to have rectified the problem. Note that I did not solve it, it just seem to have fixed itself.

What I did was, I thought maybe I'll uninstall Formulaire and re-install again...

But I click on the 'Upgrade' button in Module instead of the 'Delete' button. And next thing I know there is a tick option for Forms in Groups access.

I don't know how it fixed itself but this is what I have done from beginning.

1. Install the module
2. Generate the template for Forms
3. Upgrade the template

Thanks Philou, your module is a lifesaver.

Let me know this will fix your problem. If you need to get hold of me, PM via XOOPS.ORG. I'm visiting this site everytime I log on.

Login

Who's Online

123 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 123

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits