Munkus
Re: XP-weather Station?
  • 2004/1/27 4:31

• Munkus

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/2/2 0

Can someone confirm or deny what is going on with the weather feeds that XP-Weaher operates on? They seem mostly down for me as well but wanted to hear an official word.

I guess it's back to vl-weather for me if that pans out to be true?

Hennessy
  • 2004/1/27 5:30

• Hennessy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/28

I have played with MS-Weather a few times and I am glad to hear it is coming to XOOPS :)

jctsup1
  • 2004/1/27 5:44

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

If you guys want confirmation, just go to accuweather's web site & ypu'll see whay I mean. They require tha you sign up to get get access to a feed. Better yet, go to 1 of the sites I mentioned earlier & you can see for yourselves. I spent at least 20 minutes at each site choosing cities like Dallas, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Quebec, Monntreal,etc.

They all come back with the same error. Its too bad as I really lked this module but it looks like we're going to have to find a different source for a wether block.

sylvainb
  • 2004/1/27 6:09

• sylvainb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/11

Hello.

To jctsup1:
Quote:

Are you aware that MSNBC & Accuweather are no konger providing free feeds? You have to sign up with them in order to pull a feed from them ..... I tested several differt cities in both the US & Canada from your sie and from Turkclubs site and they all come back with :

(connection failed (2))

You may be able to get feeds for europe but feeds for the US & Canada have been shut down.

Just thougt you'guys would want to know ...

Yes I know this, that's why I've updated the xp-weather module with the file provided by the link in the TurkClub post. But I know too that I haven't updated this same module onto my website!!!
So all my apologies to everybody, it's certainly confusing but, as I was tired to try to implement more stations without any success, I decided to work on the MS-Weather module and I forgot XP-Weather onto my website.
This mistake is now repaired and you can try xp-weather again.
Again I'm very sorry.

Sylvain

sylvainb
  • 2004/1/27 6:21

• sylvainb

• Not too shy to talk

UPDATE
You can also see MS-Weather in action, remember you can't set your own station, just see it.

Sylvain

jctsup1
  • 2004/1/27 6:28

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

Sylvain -

I just visited youe site & notices that in the right hand block you're getting this messahe:

Ne peux pas écrire dans le fichier cache. Veuillez controler si le répertoire a l'accès en lecture et écriture valide !

I'm hoing that is the reaon that I wasn't getting any data ad this time, I checked Asia, Eastern Europe, South America, & of course, the good ol' USA. Let me know ehn you get the cache problem resolved & I'lltry it again. I hope that you don't thinkk I'm complaing --- I just really want to see this module work! Thank you for putting up with me.

BTW -- I was born in St. Tropez & my dad lives right outside of Paris. There are times when I sure do miss the motherland!

--Jeffrey

sylvainb
  • 2004/1/27 6:34

• sylvainb

• Not too shy to talk

Don't worry, it was about the MS-Weather cache.
An other mistake, I forget to chmod it to 777!!!
Shame on me!

Sylvain

jctsup1
  • 2004/1/27 6:41

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

ok I'll heck it --- its abiut bed time for me. Thanks a lot for working on this!

jctsup1
  • 2004/1/27 6:59

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

Sylvain ---

All right - had much better luck this time however there arew still alot of cities that have no stations. I checked several cites in the states, china, mexcio & europe and was to get weather forcasts for sevral cities.

YEAH!!!! I'mg going to bed and will pick this up tomorrow. I want to take this time to thank you for picking up this project up & making some progress with it! It's been dead for awhile.

Merci !!

---Jeffrey

sylvainb
  • 2004/1/28 12:57

• sylvainb

• Not too shy to talk

Hi everybody!
Those fews words to tell you that I've just released 3 modules for xoops.
1 - camportail
2 - XP-Weather 1.72
3 - MS-Weather 1.1

You can download them from my website, in the forum section.

I hope that wait wasn't too long for you.

Sylvain B.

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits