Chainsaw
*sigh* where are you, the perfect horizontal Menu? (IE/NS compatible)
  • 2004/1/23 21:51

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

I'm having so much fun with XOOPS at the moment that I'm spending 90% of my evenings on XOOPS and 5% on online gaming (the other 5% for sleeping )

So I'm working on my church website for the past two months. I got to understand how themes and template work. I also got a lot of modules working after a couple of hiccups. It is definately a lot more easier to set up than PostNuke.

I do most of browser viewing on IE6 (sorry sorry sorry) and at the back of my mind I knew it won't look the same on Netscape/Mozilla. But I never really had time to check the difference (or to address it). So yesterday I installed Mozilla, Netscape and Opera on my PC and viewed my site. YIKES!!!!! The table size is different between IE (sorry sorry sorry) and Mozzila (note I did set my table to 90%). Also the top horizontal menu is not anchored in Netscape/Moz.

I spent the whole of yesterday night googling the web (yay for new interweb terminology - ya gotta love the term 'googling'.. sound so dirty yet is not )

I googled far and wide, and I tested the various horizontal menus on my test theme (AlbanyCCTest). But each time I find a good menu it fail the cross browser test. Usually everything looks fine in IE but won't work properly in Netscape. Past midnight and I still couldn't find the killer app.

So I'm resorting (again) to the vast knowledge in this forum. I know some of you have mentioned that Javascripts menu won't work in NS for you. So what is the answer?

I need a horizontal menu that can go three levels deep.

ie Menu 1 -> 1.1 -> 1.1.1

Can anyone recommend something that is easy to use and is cross browser compatible?

My site is still in development and I really want to have it ready to launch by the end of February. My pastor is so impressed with XOOPS that apparently he spent the whole of this week wandering all over the site testing its function (and he's not even net savvy but he was able to use its function without much training).

hsalazar
Re: *sigh* where are you, the perfect horizontal Menu? (IE/NS compatible)
  • 2004/1/23 22:22

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

Chainsaw:

Take a look at Tigra Menu Pro. It's cheap, cross-browser, light, easy to configure... You can try the free version (Tigra Menu) and there's also a bell-and-whistles version called Tigra Menu Gold. Just make sure the one you use allows relative positioning.

The menus are available here.

Cheers.

Chainsaw
  • 2004/1/23 22:31

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

Thanks hsalazar. It looks good. I'm a gonna test it.

domineaux
  • 2004/1/23 23:09

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

Chainsaw
  • 2004/1/23 23:43

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

What the heck are you smoking?

I downloaded the free version and it looks good. If I ever feel like using the Pro version (ie payware) then its my perogative to pay for it.

Everybody need to make a living, that's why there is the free version of Suse Linux and there is the enterprise version of Suse which I am paying for to run my Oracle servers.

On the other hand, Redhat has gone completely commercial and that's where you should have a problem with.

Tigra offers a free lite version as well as an payware enhanced version. Where is the problem with that?

Chainsaw
  • 2004/1/24 0:01

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

Quote:

hsalazar wrote:
Chainsaw:

Take a look at Tigra Menu Pro. It's cheap, cross-browser, light, easy to configure... You can try the free version (Tigra Menu) and there's also a bell-and-whistles version called Tigra Menu Gold. Just make sure the one you use allows relative positioning.

The menus are available here.

Cheers.

hsalazar, bless ya!!! That menu work like a wonder!!!! The codes are also so much more cleaner and easier to understand. MANY MANY THANKS! You've just saved my weekend.

domineaux
  • 2004/1/24 0:02

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

Chainsaw
  • 2004/1/24 0:41

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

Quote:

domineaux wrote:
Your reasoning sounds just like the kind put up by a pair of Open-Source Pirates pumping their stuff. Good Guy bad guy kind of rhetoric back and forth to pump up a few sales to the unwary.
--------------

EXCUSE ME? ARE YOU CALLING ME AN OPEN SOURCE PIRATE? I am working on a Church website with open source codes that have limitation put on it via the GPL which I am honoring.

When you find a problem with that let me know OK? Otherwise calling people Jerks, Pirates are just non-acceptable, especially when someone has kindly just provided me with a workable solution. What have you done other than criticise a fellow XOOPSter helping another?

Sheeesshhh!

domineaux
  • 2004/1/24 0:54

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

Chainsaw
  • 2004/1/24 1:04

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

You can call it 'FUN', I'll call it something else OK?

And don't tell me to chill, you called a Core Team member a Jerk and then you tried to label the two us as 'Open Source Pirates'. I think you have something you need to do (honorably).

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits